Corporate Records Coordinator
- Vancouver Fraser Port Authority
- Vancouver, BC
- Legal Assistant, Legal Secretary
- Minimum Level of Education
- Certificate from community college
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
BE PART OF THE TEAM THAT BRINGS THE WORLD TOGETHER.
Career Opportunity: Corporate Records Coordinator
Want to work in an exciting environment with some of the most talented people in Canada? Join our team and connect with your potential.
Corporate Records Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative and legal support services to the Corporate Secretary, and support to the Vancouver Fraser Port Authority (“VFPA”) Board of Directors, in an efficient, effective and confidential manner, to facilitate compliance with the Canada Marine Act and other applicable law.
This role will:
• Coordinate preparation of Board and Committee materials for regularly scheduled and special
meetings (e.g. assemble and prepare notices, agendas and briefing materials)
• Draft and review Board resolutions, and other related Board materials
• Compile Board and Committee materials in online Board portal
• Set up Board and Committee meetings, arrange coffee and meal catering, as well as ensuring
presentations are set up and technical issues are resolved
• Attend meetings to take minutes
• Prepare monthly Director payroll
• Prepare and/or review Director expense claims and submit for approval and reimbursement
• Maintain an efficient Board and corporate records filing system which includes confidential and
original documents such as contracts, leases, minutes of Board of Directors meetings, etc
• Create, and keep current, Board Manual
• Manage necessary corporate and government filings for subsidiaries, and maintain Minute books
• Provide assistance to legal counsel with file and contract management
• Manage the online submission tool and related filings
The successful candidate will have a Legal Administrative Assistant certificate, or another acceptable certificate, from a recognized educational institution along with a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a legal assistant, or an acceptable combination of education and experience. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This position is ideal for a candidate with the ability to work independently, with the initiative and organizational skills to ensure the accurate and timely completion of duties and projects. Must be a resourceful team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with all levels of contacts. Must have the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities concurrently, be tactful and intuitive about anticipating requests, be able to work under pressure and have a forward looking grasp on deadlines, and be extremely discreet in the handling of the Corporation's confidential and sensitive matters.
Port of Vancouver offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including an Earned Time Off program.
If we have accurately captured your profile above, please apply on-line by visiting http://www.portvancouver.com/careers/ (Please note this posting will remain open until filled.)
Vancouver Fraser Port Authority is dedicated to employment equity and a workplace reflective of the diversity of our community.