We are continually searching for great talent; individuals who possess a deep commitment to the customers and markets we serve. We are currently seeking a Claims Handler, Claims, who would like to join a company that is committed to the success of each employee and offers challenge, purpose and the opportunity to grow both personally and professionally in a team-oriented environment.
Reporting to the Director, Claims and Recoveries, you will undertake the following:
• Promptly review new claims as assigned
• Initiate contact within timelines required to meet service levels with our customers
• Clarify the details of the claim, review coverage under the applicable policy
• Request further information/documentation as required in order to proactively adjudicate the claim and positively confirm or deny coverage
•Retain and instruct external professionals as needed (adjuster, lawyer, surveyor, appraiser, contractors etc.)
•Correspond and communicate with internal and external customers regarding decisions
•Negotiation of settlements, and review of files for potential recovery opportunities
• Follow standard internal guidelines and processes with respect to file management, including naming conventions, efficient and orderly file entries, status updates, escalation process for coverage and denials, recording particulars in claims software, setting applicable reserves, requesting and making payments and closing completed files promptly
•A flexible and co-operative approach towards changing business and customer needs
At FCT, we are proud of our success and excited about our future potential. It is our employees' dedication and ongoing pursuit of excellence that has made us Canada's leading provider of title insurance. Our employees are empowered to harness new ideas, to unleash their imaginations and to create innovative products and services, as well as persistently seek ways to improve our service and respond to our customers' needs. Our employees are people whose passion for their work, commitment to customers, contributions to the company and influence on its corporate culture are what create and grow FCT.
• Ideally experience as a real estate law clerk in a firm and/or title insurance environment
• Law Clerk designation preferred but not required
• Experience working independently on real estate files from open to close
•Experience resolving title related matters
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail
• Ability to negotiate and make difficult decisions with confidence
• Effective oral and written customer communication, oriented towards delivering a superior customer service experience even in circumstances that may be adverse
• Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple files in parallel and meet deadlines
•Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Positive attitude and good team spirit evidenced through comfort in developing relationships with people throughout the company
• Excellent ability to plan priorities and highly organized
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook ...) and will need to use corporate claims file management and finance software platform daily
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
First Canadian Title is an Equal Opportunity employer. Thank you for choosing FCT!