Legal Services Assistant
- Telus Communications
- Montreal, QC
- Legal Assistant
- Job Type
- Part time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Certificate from community college
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
The Legal Services team provides world-class, innovative solutions to the TELUS group of companies. We partner with teams across the organization to advance our corporate priorities and ultimately deliver better outcomes and experiences for TELUS’ customers. Our service delivery model is built by the best legal talent who are confident experts and see the details and the big picture.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As the Legal Services Assistant, you will support the in-house Legal team, your uncanny ability to prioritize and manage a frequently changing workload is key to success. You are a high energy professional with a strong sense of urgency with a history of exceeding performance objectives. This position provides an opportunity to maintain systems and data while taking accountability for the general office management.
- Confidently support the work and demands of the lawyers in your group
- Known for data entry and file management including data retention and data destruction
- Sought out for your ability to screen and prioritize client requirements for lawyers
- Respected for maintaining precedent systems
- Ability to open and close files for all teams within Legal Services
- Ability to add, edit, and post documents in Microsoft (MS) SharePoint
- Noted for managing legal reference materials and subscriptions
- Recognized for processing a variety of material from draft format by dictation, handwritten notes, and/or detailed instructions, including letters, memos reports, contracts, legal documents, presentations and utilizing MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Post-secondary diploma or certification
- 3-5 years of equivalent training and work experience
- Sought out for being fully bilingual in English and French, both oral and written
- Respected for exercising sound judgment in setting priorities and handling confidential and sensitive material and issues
- Sought out for your strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Known for your ability to foster successful working relationships with clients within the legal department and across business units
- Known for your ability to anticipate and identify problems, and offer solutions, independently
- Noted for your exceptional computer skills with detailed knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SAP
- Knowledge and understanding of legal terms
- Exposure to administrative support responsibilities in a management environment
- Experience in legal office administration
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.