Think Research is changing the way healthcare is delivered – and not in the Buckley’s “tastes awful but it works” kind of way. We’re building software to give clinicians the information they need to treat patients better and faster. We’re growing fast (2,000 health care facilities across 4 continents!) and need some help keeping up with the demand.
We’re seeking a highly motivated strategy and business-oriented lawyer to join our Senior Executive team as General Counsel. Drawing on your previous experience in the SaaS industry, the General Counsel will be responsible for the provision of expert and strategic legal advice and the overall management of legal affairs.
The kind of work you’ll be doing:
- Be a strategic legal partner to our Product, Sales, and Senior Executive teams
- Merge the offline and online legal aspects of network-based software that are critical to the success of the company
- Be a strategic thinker who can partner with our Senior Executive team to deliver on our global vision
In addition, you will lead the following day-to-day activities:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements, including SaaS contracts, partnership agreements, inbound/outbound technology and software licensing agreements, service agreements, and vendor agreements
- Managing capital markets matters, including capital raising processes with the CFO and CEO
- Managing corporate governance matters with the Board of Directors
- Managing regulatory and compliance matters across multiple jurisdictions
- Working with the company’s Chief Privacy Officer to execute on globally market leading privacy and personal information matters
- Administering and maintaining risk management initiatives within the company
- With external counsel, leading the company’s global intellectual property strategy
- Providing mentorship, training and management to other legal team members
- 10+ years of post-call experience gained from a reputable law firm or similar in-house experience
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada
- Demonstrated aptitude for developing working relationships with a broad range of professionals and stakeholders at multiple levels
- Working knowledge of privacy, data security, intellectual property and/or healthcare law are an asset
- A sense of humour
- Highly motivated, pragmatic, and professional nature
- Strong business acumen and ability to deliver strategic legal advice
Think Research welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Think Research is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we would like to work with you to meet your needs.