dentalcorp is focused on acquiring and partnering with leading, growth-oriented general and specialist dental clinics across Canada. Our unique value proposition allows our dentist Partners to retain their clinical and operating autonomy while we inspire them to achieve ambitious personal and professional growth. Our unprecedented strategic insights and expertise place our Partners at the forefront of delivering optimal patient care.
The Law Clerk will be an integral addition to the Legal Department at dentalcorp; contributing to the achievement of key business priorities by providing strategic proactive and reactive support to the business. The Law Clerk will work closely with all functional areas in the company to identify and assume responsibility for projects and processes in need of legal input. The primary responsibilities of this position will focus on acquisitions and the transaction activity which surrounds acquisitions.
- Working with the Corporate Development team on transaction-related matters, including supporting acquisition activity, overseeing the post-closing integration and legal and compliance matters
- Supporting with corporate subsistence which includes minute book maintenance, managing permit, and registration renewals and liaising with external agents and governmental bodies
- Reviewing, revising, and drafting template contracts ranging in complexity across functional areas including associate agreements, confidentiality agreements and general commercial contracts for the provision of services
- Negotiating contracts with external and internal partners
- Developing and revising contract’s and other legal templates
- Proactively educating the business on the appropriate use of templates and the legal and commercial fundamentals of contracts
- Delivering legal training to the business
- Reviewing and providing legal advice on regulatory matters across functional areas
- Coordinating with the practice community to ensure that business activity adheres to dentalcorp’s compliance program
- Working within the Legal Department providing support to General Counsel and to the business on a wide range of legal and business projects and process improvements
- Highly motivated and demonstrated abilities to work in a fast-paced environment, meet stringent timelines, prioritize work relative to business context, and handle multiple demands simultaneously
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Law Clerk is required
- Completion of the Canadian Law Clerk accredited program is preferred
- Experience with the healthcare industry is an asset
- Ability to drive process improvements and manage projects
- Proven ability to work autonomously with excellent judgment and analytical skills
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.