Miles HR are recruiting an experienced Corporate Law Paralegal for their fantastic client, one of the fastest growing and progressive law firms in Canada! This role will be based in their office in Downtown Vancouver.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned Paralegal with an expertise in Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Perform a variety of legal and administrative duties in the area of corporate law as well as coordinating and drafting corporate resolutions, notices, agreements and other ancillary documents in connection with complex transactions.
- Draft complex share provisions and documents pertaining to corporate and tax reorganizations (ITA ss 51, 85, 86, 97), financings and share or asset purchase transactions.
- Conduct corporate minute book reviews and prepare reports. Analyze corporate charter documents and corporate records to ensure compliance with governing statutes and make recommendations on relevancy and remedial actions.
- Draft documents relating to incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, amendments/alterations, rollovers, redemptions, annual proceedings, dividends, continuances, dissolutions, revivals, extra-provincial registrations across Canada, licenses, limited partnerships and business names.
- Research and interpret legal and technical procedures, statutes, and regulations applicable to area of practice.
- Conduct corporate searches and analyzing filings.
- Maintain and review corporate records, securities ledgers and registers, including uploading executed documents to virtual minute books.
- Maintain Extra Provincial Registrations and licenses.
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, students and public officials and mentor intermediate and junior clerks.
- Assist with fee quotes for large corporate projects.
- Other maintenance tasks and filings.
Qualifications & Experience Needed
- Between 5 - 10 years of experience as a Corporate Paralegal, including experience with transactions.
- Completion of a Paralegal certification and designation
- Excellent knowledge of federal and provincial corporate statutes and corporate procedures
- A professional attitude with polished communication skills
- Focus on client-service and building relationships
- An ability to work independently, accurately and efficiently on multiple files simultaneously
Why You should Apply
- Amazing and modern offices based in the heart of Vancouver
- A fast growing firm with opportunity to progress
- A culture of sharing & collaboration
- Summer hours and relaxed work attire
- A calendar of fun team events planned by the social committee
If this Paralegal role with our exciting client based in Downtown Vancouver ids of interest then don't delay, apply now!