- Regional Municipality of Waterloo
- Kitchener, ON
- $50,996.40 – $63,736.40 per annum (Under Review)
- Legal Assistant
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Real Estate Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- College diploma
Description of Duties:
Provides clerical and administrative support to the Division, specifically for housing and corporate commercial documentation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of real estate and corporate commercial processes and documentation, forms, contracts, agreements, and leases, normally acquired through a diploma/certificate in a related field (e.g., Law Clerk Diploma/ILCO Certification), plus related experience in a legal environment specializing in corporate commercial transactions.
• Knowledge of and ability to comply with policies, procedures, and related legislation (e.g., Business Corporations Act, Corporations Act, Registry Act, Land Titles Act, Personal Property Security Act).
• Ability to exhibit discretion and confidentiality regarding confidential information.
• Organizational, attention to detail, problem solving, and continuous improvement skills to complete assignments independently and within deadlines; assist with the carriage of files; and maintain file systems and records.
• Communication skills to respond to inquiries and exchange information with internal clients, housing providers, and lawyers/law firms; and participate as an effective team member.
• Ability to read and interpret correspondence and legal documents. Ability to draft and assist in the preparation of legal documents, correspondence, and reports.
• Computer skills using software such as Microsoft Office and on-line registration, search, and filing systems (Cyberbahn, MPAC, Teraview).
• Ability to support and demonstrate the Region’s values.
We invite internal applicants to APPLY ONLINE through the HR Portal by 11:59 p.m., by the closing date.
Please apply online, by the closing date Apr 08, 2019 quoting competition number 2019-1264, or drop off your resume to the Region of Waterloo, Information Desk located on the main floor at 150 Frederick Street, Kitchener, ON N2G 4J3.
We thank all applicants in advance; however, we will be corresponding only with those selected for an interview.
The Region of Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage qualified applicants to apply and will accommodate the needs of qualified applicants under the Human Rights Code in all parts of the hiring process.
Alternate formats of this document are available upon request. Please contact the Service First Call Centre at phone number (519) 575-4400, TTY number (519-575-4608) to request an alternate format.