Value & Profile
Our Estate Law Practice Group offers exemplary legal service for fair legal fees which reflect the value of clients receive. We are proud of our history and of what we have accomplished for our clients.
Scope & Responsibilities
We are seeking a lawyer with a minimum of 5 + years of experience to join our Estates Law group WITH exposure to:
- Preparation of estate plans, including wills of varying complexity
- Business succession planning including corporate reorganizations, estate freezes, asset and share sales as well as shareholder agreements.
- Development of probate free and tax avoidance strategies
- Creation of charitable trusts and foundations, family trust, insurance trusts and gifting programs
- Creation of special needs to protect the elderly and disabled
- Development of special trusts like spousal and cottage trusts
- Creation of Powers of Attorney
- Preparation of international estate plans, and
- Conduct probate proceedings
- Prepare estate accounts
- Advise executors, trustees and beneficiaries
Skills & Qualifications Required
- MINIMUM 5 + years of experience in the areas of Wills and Estates law
- License in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- Highly organized, keen attention for detail and interest in working in an energetic environment.
- Solid drafting, research and writing skills.
We are offeringRemuneration commensurate with experience and
- Bonus potential
- Group Benefits Package
- Heath and Wellness Membership
- Opportunities for professional development and growth
- A collegial and dynamic work environment which values work/life balance
1. Cover letter (1 page)
2. C.V. (no more than 2 pages)
If you require accommodation in the application/interview process, please advise Mr. Parker by contacting him by telephone at 905-526-9800.