Corporate Legal Counsel
- 3Sixty Secure Corp
- Almonte or Mississauga, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Labour & Employment Law, Litigation
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
3Sixty Secure Corp is seeking a high performing individual to join our growing Senior Management Team as our in-house General Legal Counsel. As General Legal Counsel, you will optimize our organizational efficiency regarding legal matters by negotiating, examining and drafting contracts, providing guidance on legal matters, and preserving business records such as minutes of meetings and resolutions.
Responsible for the negotiation and management of legal matters on behalf of the organization, you will ensure legal compliance regarding mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activities, employee safety programs and consumer protection. You will oversee compliance with corporate governance and establish the prudence of defending lawsuits and prosecuting as may be required.
To ensure success you need to have sound knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations, and the ability to make prudent legal decisions. Top candidates will be team players with outstanding advocacy and people skills.
- Negotiates, reviews and drafts a broad range of general corporate, commercial, real estate, and procurement documents in relation to various transactions;
- Prepares, reviews and negotiates company contracts, vendor agreements, requests for proposals and other legal documents;
- Assists with commercial transactions including mergers and acquisitions, financings, joint ventures and strategic partnerships;
- Conducts research and prepares legal opinions on labour and employment law issues, including the interpretation of collective agreements and statutes;
- Develops the organization’s policies on industry-specific issues, corporate governance or regulatory affairs;
- Drafts documents, letters and contracts as required;
- Researches and analyzes documents and case law, to ensure the accuracy of advice and procedure;
- Consults and advises executive, senior management and board on various matters such as legal rights, and new and existing laws;
- Manages organization’s legal matters, conducts research and manages all phases of the litigation process from investigation, pleadings and discovery, to pre-trial settlement and appeal;
- Promulgates and creates directives of corporate acts and decisions;
- Preserves all corporate records, statutory filings, such as licensing forms etc.;
Education and Experience:
- 4+ years practice with an established law firm;
- LLB or J.D. and member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
- 2-4 years of litigation experience (with a strong preference for labour and employment law litigation experience);
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to the cannabis and security industries;
- Proficient legal experience in fund investments, venture capital financing and M&A;
- Understanding and legal training in business law with experience in the areas of contract law; negotiation, corporate policies, risk management and dispute resolution;
- Experience with corporate governance issues and corporate secretarial duties;
- Candidates must have excellent analytical, communication, diplomatic, research and writing skills.
This full-time, permanent position can be located at our Corporate Headquarters in Almonte, ON or, our office in Mississauga, ON.
Be part of an experienced, energetic team working in a dynamic, high-performance culture. If you are looking to join a committed, talented group of professionals in a rewarding, fast-growing company with the opportunity to have a real impact, we want to hear from you.
What We Offer
Incorporated in 2013, 3Sixty Secure Corp was created with the vision of redefining security services around the world. At 3Sixty, our clients expect and deserve the highest quality of service across all of our services lines; from providing a strong physical presence on the client site, to deploying the highest caliber of staff within our Secure Transport Division to ensure exceptional, consistent delivery from pick-up to unload every time. Additionally, 3Sixty provides risk mitigation services to both the public and private sectors. All this coupled with an engaged and enabled workforce allows us to execute excellence for our clients every day.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that 3Sixty Secure Corp does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, 3Sixty will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, 3Sixty explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of 3Sixty.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.