- LexisNexis Canada
- Toronto, ON
- LN 002LE
- Lawyer - Other, Legal Researcher, Legal Writer
- Area of Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Life at LexisNexis is about being a part of something bigger, about your passion to shape the future, about being able to push boundaries to new levels through technology and content, innovation, collaboration with our customers, and advancing the rule of law.
We are evolving the way professionals access information, gain insights and make better business decisions through our next-generation products and solutions. As a result, we help lawyers win cases, corporations detect fraud, governments shape nations and academic institutions shape the future of those nations.
Our company is made up of a smart and curious group of people, who are driven to advance the rule of law and propel our customers to succeed.
The Content Team
Content is the engine which drives the market-leading products and services offered by LexisNexis Canada. The Content team is responsible for recruiting external contributors who are subject matter experts in their respective fields, and commissioning them to deliver authoritative analytical content. The team is also responsible for creating premium content for a diverse
LexisNexis Canada seeks to add a lawyer to its Content Team with experience in real estate practice and legal research and writing.
As part of this team, you will be responsible for the development and strategic direction of LexisNexis Canada’s real estate law products - including the Ontario Real Estate Law Guide and the British Columbia Real Estate Law Guide, among others - used by a wide variety of law firms, governments, businesses, students, and sole practitioners.
As a Content Development Lawyer, your key roles and responsibilities will include:
managing a portfolio of real estate content assets, available both online and in print.
through a proprietary tool, tracking and describing legislative updates.
reviewing, editing, and writing content for real estate reporters and associated newsletters.
building relationships with external practitioners who can deliver high quality content to supplement existing materials and your enhancements.
monitoring information sources to identify and report on relevant news and updates regarding legal developments.
identifying, organizing, and developing content improvements.
reviewing and providing input on customer-facing messaging and marketing.
offering support to sales, customer training, and customer service.
What we are looking for in you:
• A Canadian law degree (a U.S. law degree would be considered if the candidate has sufficient practical experience)
• 1-3 years of practice experience in real estate law
• experience in drafting or editing client materials, law journals, CLE presentations or other legal writing;
• experience drafting a variety of legal precedents relevant to real estate law, with a strong attention to detail;
• an understanding of workflow requirements in real estate law and a strong knowledge of trends in the Canadian legal marketplace;
• the ability to meet deadlines for print, online, and newsletter releases;
• excellent communication and organizational skills;
• the ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
LexisNexis Canada Inc. is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of visible minority groups and women