- Telus Communications
- Toronto, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Are you ready to create better business outcomes with your analytical acumen and creativity?
The Legal Services team provides world-class, innovative solutions to the TELUS group of companies. We partner with teams across the organization to advance our corporate priorities and ultimately deliver better outcomes and experiences for TELUS’ customers.
Our service delivery model is built by the best legal talent who are confident experts and see the details and the big picture. Our team is ready for complex challenges because each of us are intrinsically passionate about our calling as strategic business partners who deliver a superior legal customer experience and question the status quo for continuous improvement of business practices and processes.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together!
As a business oriented commercial lawyer that supports TELUS’ procurement and consumer teams you will be engaged in a variety of legal matters, including negotiating technology and procurement agreements, reviewing advertising and marketing materials, advising on process design to ensure compliance with legislative mandates, and advising on new product launches. You will also provide advice on privacy, competition and intellectual property matters. You understand the business needs and you are eager to put your top tier legal skills to use in support of the procurement and consumer teams of a Canadian and global telecommunications leader.
- Strengthening relationships with key stakeholders and sophisticated clients by cultivating a deep understanding of their business and providing proactive, solution-oriented advice
- Striving continuously to advance legal and business practices by driving new approaches and process improvements
- Mentoring and coaching other legal team member to develop the next generation of legal talent
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Respected for your legal skills, business acumen, initiative, creativity, learning-oriented mindset and collaborative style
- Confident at engaging and interacting with sophisticated stakeholders, internally and externally
- Noted for your ability to effectively communicate legal advice (including written) to diverse range of stakeholders
- Recognized for your record of successfully managing multiple, concurrent files and priorities and delivering on commitments
- Called 7 or more years ago to the Bar
- Member in good standing with both the Law Society of Ontario and the Bar of Québec
- Bilingual English and French (both written and oral)
Similar searches: Lawyer - In House Counsel