SOTI is committed to providing its employees with endless possibilities; learning new things, working with the latest technologies and making a difference in the world.
Who We Are
At SOTI, we are committed to delivering best in class mobile and IoT device management solutions. We are looking for out of the box thinkers that appreciate the art of creating great software.
To us, being visionary is more important than doing things the way they’ve always been done.
What We’re Looking For
Our people are our most important resource. We’re looking for a seasoned Employment Law Clerk to join our Legal team during this time of growth and global expansion. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Legal and Business Affairs, this is an exciting opportunity to work as a strategic partner with the business on a broad range of challenging employment law, employee relations, litigation and immigration matters.
What’s in it for you?
The People - From our humble origins in our founder’s basement, to our industry leading position today, SOTI has worked hard to foster a company culture that we can all believe in. A culture that emphasizes personal growth, continuous innovation and fun.
The Growth - Our environment fosters new ideas, fresh perspectives, and the ability to take them over the goal line. SOTI is a fast-paced environment with a global reach that encourages you to make your mark and be part of something big!
The Technology - You’ll get the chance to work with leading edge technologies and take on complex and interesting projects, as part of highly collaborative and agile teams. You will work alongside SOTI’s partners which include leading tech giants that will keep you on the cusp of emerging technologies.
What You’ll Do
- Consult on a wide range of day-to-day employment issues both in Ontario and globally up to and including permits, travel letters, international legislation.
- Handling and/or supervising employment litigation, workplace investigations and human rights cases.
- Review, revise and negotiate offers of employment, vendor agreements and recruitment event contracts.
- Liaising with outside counsel, internal People and Culture team members (HR) and Senior Leadership at SOTI.
- Consult on health and safety, new and existing employment legislation and requirements.
- Assisting in the creation and implementation of policies, programs and procedures as required to ensure compliance and best practices at SOTI.
- Providing support on various strategic human resources projects.
Experience You’ll Bring
- Law Clerk Diploma and/or Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certificate.
- 3+ years of relevant experience within an in-house or law firm environment focusing on labour relations and employment law.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills, as well as the ability to prioritize competing demands, are essential to the role.
- Exceptional legal writing skills and communications skills, both written and spoken.
- Strong organizational, investigative, fact-finding and problem-solving skills.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and collaborate with all members of the organization.
- Working knowledge of French is an asset.
SOTI is the world's most trusted provider of mobile and IoT management solutions, with more than 17,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI's innovative portfolio of solutions and services provide the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobility investments. SOTI extends secure mobility management to provide a total, flexible solution for comprehensive management and security of all mobile devices and connected peripherals deployed in an organization.
At SOTI, we celebrate the uniqueness of our global teams and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are curious problem solvers who are committed to bringing the best mobile and IoT management solutions to market. We offer careers with #EndlessPossibilities.