- Ivanhoé Cambridge
- Montreal, QC
- Law Clerk, Paralegal
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Job Type
- Permanent, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- College diploma
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years, 4-10 years
Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a long-term view to generate optimal, risk-adjusted returns. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Vertically integrated in Canada, Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the residential, office, retail, industrial and logistics sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held more than C$65 billion in assets at December 31st, 2018 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada’s leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Legal Affairs
Position type : Salaried
Reporting to a Senior Director, Legal Affairs and Assistant Secretary, the Law Clerk will work closely with the entire team of paralegals and the company’s various departments, in particular Legal Affairs, Finance, Treasury and Taxation, as well as various external law firms. The incumbent will have the opportunity to become acquainted with foreign corporations, participate in transactions (acquisitions, liquidations, corporate reorganizations and financing, among others) and collaborate in meeting planning. The main responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain the books and corporate records of Canadian and foreign private and public entities in collaboration, when required, with the mandated external professionals, including yearly follow-ups, banking affairs and documentation regarding the flow of funds;
- Complete the formalities related to ISDA agreements;
- Gather the information requested by the group’s entities for the purposes of due diligence audits of transactions and banking affairs, among others;
- Update a management database (EnAct) and the various lists and organizational charts of the group’s companies;
- Coordinate board of directors and shareholders meetings of certain entities and prepare and edit relevant documents in collaboration with paralegals and colleagues from our Montréal office and foreign offices (Finance, Treasury and Taxation departments, among others);
- Perform the tasks required to complete transactions (acquisitions, liquidations, capitalization; dividends, loan agreements; incorporations and dissolutions; corporate restructurings; mergers, among others) in collaboration with the internal and external professionals involved;
- Follow up files related to private real estate funds located in various jurisdictions;
- Act as the resource person for consultation of corporate and legal documents;
- Participate in the Secretariat’s special projects related to corporate matters and the development of a workflow process aimed at improving the services provided to the company.
- College diploma in paralegal technology;
- 3 to 5 years of specific experience in corporate law as a paralegal;
- Experience in foreign corporate law is an asset;
- Thorough command of MS Office, Outlook and EnAct software;
- Bilingualism and excellent knowledge of French and English grammar;
- Proven skills and interest in analyzing and editing legal documents;
- High degree of communication and organizational skills, self-starter, disciplined and thorough.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.