CAE is an international company, a specialist in aeronautics, military and healthcare training. Its Legal department, which spans the globe, is looking for a legal counsel who has a diversified legal experience, a positive and proactive attitude, and is an excellent team player. The legal counsel must be prepared to travel if necessary.
- Write, revise, comment on and negotiate different types of contracts and documents related to all activities carried out by the Company and its subsidiaries, mainly in the civil and military fields, including, as examples, sales contracts, licenses, financing agreements, assets or company acquisitions, service contracts, joint ventures, strategic partnerships, bids, and tenders;
- Advise the various CAE divisions and departments on all types of legal matters;
- Provide advice on the interpretation of laws and regulations applicable to the Company’s activities;
- With the various stakeholders, participate in developing and implementing various types of contracts and internal policies in line with the current Company’s business needs and anticipated growth;
- Coordinate the various files assigned to outside law firms;
- Participate in the development of tools (including training tools) for the legal department, and for the other CAE departments.
The successful candidate shall have:
- An excellent command of French and English (oral and written) and good writing skills; Spanish, conversational skills, is an asset;
- A Bachelor of Laws degree (common law or equivalent experience is sought for);
- Bar membership Québec or in another jurisdiction;
- A minimum five to seven years' relevant experience within a company or a law firm;
- Problem-solving skills, a customer-focus, and team spirit;
- Ability to work under pressure with a variety of clients;
- Ability to efficiently manage priorities;
- Autonomous and innate team spirit;
- A love of learning and knowledge sharing;
- Initiative, a proactive attitude, and a sense of leadership;
- Proficient skills in the use of Microsoft Office, mainly Word, and functional skills in the use of PowerPoint and Excel.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those whose background and experience match the requirements of the role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception.
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE" (one passionate and inclusive team), we’re proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.