Commercial Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant
- Arlyn Recruiting
- Vancouver, BC
- Legal Assistant
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Certificate from community college
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
An international law firm in Downtown Vancouver core has an opening for a talented, highly motivated Commercial Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant to join their top-notch team! As their Commercial Litigation LAA, you will be responsible for a variety of duties ranging from administrative to complex litigation work. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2-5 years of previous experience in a similar or Common Law setting, and will be able to multi-task and manage tasks, under a time-sensitive environment.
Duties for this role include:
- - Prepare, draft and review various legal documents including routine correspondence
- - Entering dockets and preparing accounts.
- - Assisting with Lawyer’s practice including but not limited to: Opening files, managing bring forward system, arranging meetings, scheduling hearing dates with government bodies and/or representatives, arranging travel and/or accommodations.
- - Coordinating with process servers regarding service and filing of court materials.
- - Coordinating with court offices regarding trial and application bookings and related court material filings.
- - Other duties as requested
Education and Qualifications
- Legal Administrative Assistant (LAA) Certification
- 2-5 years of previous experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant in a BC or Common Law setting (in a corporate, professional services, and/or law firm environment)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook etc.,)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels of an organization, internally and externally
- The ability to multi-task and manage tasks under a time-sensitive environment
- The ability to practice sound discretion and judgment at all times
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply directly to this posting or email us your Resume/CV to email@example.com. For more, please see www.arlynrecruiting.com/job-postings
No phone calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
About Arlyn Recruiting
After more than 20 years of legal recruitment, coaching, and consultancy, we at Arlyn Recruiting have come to specialize in the complexity that is human resources. Very specifically, in the legal field. We focus on the people, and by encompassing these important facets that make up a successful organization, we’ve become experts in providing quality, first-rate service for both our clients and candidates.
It’s about the journey: Whether it would be matching a candidate to an organization or providing guidance on how to steer your career in the right direction, we are passionate about our people, bringing the “human” back into human resources.