New Gold is a Canadian-focused intermediate gold mining company. The Company has a portfolio of two core producing assets in a top-rated jurisdiction: the Rainy River Mine and New Afton Mine, both located in Canada. The Company also operates the Cerro San Pedro Mine in Mexico (which transitioned to residual leaching in 2016). In addition, New Gold owns 100% of the Blackwater project, also located in Canada. New Gold’s objective is to be a leading intermediate gold producer, focused on the environment and social responsibility. Our Values drive every decision and action we take at New Gold:
Our Values drive every decision and action we take at New Gold:
Integrity: Do what’s right
Creativity: Lead with innovation
Develop our employees: Commitment to personal development
Teamwork: Leverage our collective skills
For further information on our company, please visit www.newgold.com.
As an integral part of New Gold’s legal team, the Corporate Law Clerk will provide support to in-house lawyers and liaise with other departments and external law firms, as needed. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a variety of law clerk/paralegal and administrative duties including, but not limited to, maintaining corporate records, ensuring compliance with corporate law filing requirements, supporting public company compliance filings and the preparation of disclosure documents, responding to requests for information and documentation, assisting in preparation of legal budget and tracking of expenses, and performing administrative support services.
Responsibilities for this position may include but not limited to:
- Maintain New Gold’s corporate and subsidiary minute books, including drafting resolutions and other documentation
- Prepare and file applicable reports and filings with regulatory authorities and stock exchanges in multiple jurisdictions, including corporate filings, SEDI filings and TSX filings
- Assist with preparation of annual corporate disclosure documents
- Assist with support of Board of Directors, including preparation of resolutions and draft minutes, and electronic distribution of materials
- Respond to inquiries and requests from business units for information and documentation
- Maintain department files, records, closing books and electronic records
- Compose general correspondence and work on contracts and other documentation
- Perform standard administrative, clerical and general office duties
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience working in a public company in-house law department and / or law firm experience
- Law clerk diploma or equivalent experience
- Completion of the Institute of Law Clerks of Ontario Certification
- Experience independently handling minute book maintenance
- Experience in public company securities regulatory obligations and with SEDAR, SEDI & TSX filings
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative, organization and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
A competitive salary as well as vacation pay will be provided.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by completing the online Job Application Form below, and by attaching your Cover Letter and Resume in Word or PDF format.
New Gold is committed to ensuring that all Applicants are able to participate equally in relation to New Gold’s recruitment, assessment and selection materials and processes. New Gold encourages all Applicants with disabilities to let their New Gold recruitment contact know if they require accommodation during the recruitment process. For more information on New Gold’s compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, please visit our website at http://newgold.com/LegalNotice/default.aspx#sixteen.