- TD Bank
- Toronto, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law, Securities Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
- Will serve as primary counsel supporting TD Greystone alternative investment funds;
- This includes providing ongoing legal support in relation to:
- existing alternative fund structures;
- real estate, infrastructure and various other investment transactions the alternative funds enter into;
- restructuring of alternative funds for growth and various other purposes including accommodating non-domestic investors; and
- ongoing operations (maintenance/documentation of real estate and infrastructure investment vehicles, asset management, property management agreements, etc).
- Managing external legal counsel in accordance with TD Legal Department policies and procedures, including ensuring deliverables and service levels are being met and fees are reasonable and accountable). Includes responsibility for alternative funds legal budget.
- Working with the broader TD Greystone/Asset Management legal and compliance teams and TD Corporate Functions on various matters in support of the alternative funds business, including investment management agreements, policies and procedures and addressing applicable regulatory requirements.
• You have experience advising on ETFs and/or mutual funds and can independently provide legal support on major projects in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
• Experience providing legal support to mutual fund and/or securities dealers would also be an asset.
• You have superior analytical and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with senior members of TD Bank’s management team.
• You have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities while paying attention to details.
• You are an independent thinker with excellent judgment who also has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with multiple partners.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.