Bilingual Legal Assistant
Our Montreal office is currently recruiting for a Bilingual Legal Assistant. In this role you will work in the Patent group providing administrative support to the Patent agents.
- Preparation and filing of patent applications;
- Analysis of the documents received from the different patent offices and redaction of reports for the clients;
- Monitoring and responding to deadlines, extensions and other time sensitive matters;
- General administrative duties including time entry, preparation of billings and file management, all within a paperless environment;
- Responding to clients, foreign associates, CIPO and other parties;
- Other duties may be assigned or amended as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Legal Administrative Assistant Diploma or relevant experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to deal directly with clients and colleagues;
- Perfectly bilingual (French-English);
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized and proactive;
- Highly proficient in MS Office and ability to learn new software and technology quickly.
Located in the heart of downtown, close to transit and amenities, Smart & Biggar offers a comprehensive total rewards package including:
- A competitive compensation structure based on transparency, clarity and fairness
- A flexible benefits program
- Personal days to help balance personal and professional commitments
- Family friendly policies including a 35-hour workweek
- Employee referral program
Smart & Biggar is a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN), working to promote diversity and encourage a culture of inclusion in our firms and the broader legal profession. We welcome application from all qualified individuals. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.