The Kraft Heinz Company is revolutionizing the food industry – we will be the most profitable food company powered by the most talented people with unwavering commitment to our communities, leading brands and highest product quality in every category in which we compete. As a global powerhouse, Kraft Heinz represents over $26 billion in revenue and is the 5th largest food and beverage company in the world. At Kraft Heinz, to be the BEST food company, growing a BETTER world is more than a dream – it is our GLOBAL VISION. To be the best, we want the best – best brands, best practices and, most importantly, the best people.
It's a Question of Taste
Do more, be more. Whatever your aspirations, experience something exceptional at Kraft Heinz. We'll give you the freedom to determine your own direction and deliver in your own style. Outperform our expectations and you'll move forward faster than you ever thought possible. Come ready to dream. Come eager to grow.
Get a taste of what your career could be at kraftheinzcompany.com/careers.
As the Legal Counsel based out of our Don Mills office, you will provide timely and actionable legal and business advice on a wide range of issues that can include matters critical to the business. The Legal Counsel will be working closely with business personnel, with a focus on contractual, marketing and advertising matters. The Legal Counsel will also provide additional support related to corporate governance, regulatory, real estate and employment law matters, as needed.
The Legal Counsel will report to the Senior Legal Counsel and interact frequently with business partners throughout the organization as well as with outside legal counsel.
- Draft, review and advise on a wide range of commercial agreements that support Kraft Heinz business activities, including contracts for procurement, sales, logistics, equipment supply, confidentiality protection, advertising agencies, talent, sponsorships, and promotional activities and provide legal advice on the general business issues that arise in connection with the matters highlighted above.
- Create, implement and manage processes to timely review and revise contest and promotion rules, including integrated creative and advertising copy, using identified legal standards, to ensure consistency of approach while achieving legal compliance of Kraft Heinz promotional programs.
- Manage and oversee legal compliance for advertising and promotional materials for all media and provide guidance related to trademarks and copyrights. Counsel and advise brands on the collection, use and disclosure of consumer data and provide guidance related to privacy and data security.
- Provide legal advice related to the application of food laws and regulations in connection with product innovations and consumer issues.
- Manage and oversee internal policy compliance.
- Manage department document management, corporate governance and compliance functions through good file and database management. Maintain corporate status by preparing and filing relevant annual documents for Kraft Heinz Canada ULC and all related Canadian entities, and maintaining corporate minute books for Kraft Heinz Canada ULC and all related Canadian entities. Prepare, file and maintain all provincial business name registrations as required. Draft various director and shareholder resolutions, prepare and file lobbyist registration renewals, and other regulatory matters as needed.
- Recognized Canadian law degree and university education with high standing.
- Lawyer in good standing with a provincial law society, Ontario preferred.
- 2+ years post call experience as a lawyer in a legal environment with significant practical business knowledge.
- Significant corporate and commercial legal experience ideally with experience in a CPG environment.
- Experience in advertising law.
- French language ability an asset.
- Technical Expertise—demonstrates a depth of knowledge of applicable Canadian laws and regulations, with significant experience in drafting, negotiating and analyzing a variety of commercial agreements.
- Client Focus—driven to meet business needs in a timely manner.
- Practical—delivers actionable responses to legal and business challenges.
- Creative—provides innovative legal and business solutions. Brings a “my business” mindset to their everyday activities
- Communication – counsels effectively in oral, written and presentation formats.
- Leadership – exercises professional judgment while managing high volume of complex legal issues, with minimal supervision.