Legal Counsel / Director - Supply Chain and Strategic Partnerships
- Molson Coors
- Toronto, ON
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
Our purpose at Molson Coors is to delight the world’s beer drinkers. We are one of the world’s pre‑eminent family brewers, brewing and selling our beer for over 350 years. We believe in our brands and our people, we believe that a truly inspiring and diverse place to work is a must. We want you to join our team of passionate self-starters who believe the beer world is full of untapped opportunities. So if you get fired up about making a real difference as part of a winning team like we do, we want to hear from you!
In the role of Legal Counsel/Director, Supply Chain and Strategic Partnerships working in Toronto you will be part of the Canadian Legal and Corporate Affairs Team. The person will manager strategic legal services in support of the operations for the Canadian business while using an enterprise mindset in the following legal areas amongst others: Contracts (Distribution, Licence, Production), Liquor Regulatory, Corporate, Real Estate, Competition Law, Health and Safety, I.T. and Finance (Mergers and Acquisitions). In other words, you will use your legal skills to strategically execute supply chain partnerships in the alcohol industry.
This position will report directly to the Senior Director Legal-Operations & Corporate Secretary and works closely with Supply Chain Operations, Corporate Affairs and Commercial Legal Affairs Functions.
- Draft and negotiate strategic contracts in all business areas, mainly supply chain operations (distribution, license, production)
- Support Supply Chain and other functions of the business through their industry partners (e.g. The Beer Store; Brewers’ Distributor) in Canada, including being a member of the board committees of such organizations
- Provide legal advice on a wide range of legal matters including corporate, liquor regulatory, real estate, competition law, environmental and Health and Safety
- Provide legal support on mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and assist with corporate secretarial work
- Interact with government agencies
- Manage external counsel relationships
- Provide training and guidance to the team regarding regulatory requirements
The Other Qualifications
- You have an undergraduate degree plus LLB degree
- You are Member to the Bar of a Canadian Province
- You have at least 6-8 years’ experience, preferably with a Consumer Package Goods (CPG) company or with a major law firm
- Demonstrate an ability to manage both internal and external stakeholders and teams to ensure projects are executed on time and to budget
- Experience working with Government agencies to further company’s objectives (desirable)
- Bilingual (French) desirable
- You exhibit our core values and demonstrate our Molson Coors How We Work attributes
Work Perks that You Need to Know About:
- We are one of Canada's Most Attractive Employers
- As one of the world’s pre-eminent family brewers we have the scale to make big things happen and still get to know colleagues on a first name basis across the globe
- We play our part to make a difference – from charitable donations to hitting the streets together to build parks – giving back to the community is part of our culture and who we are.
- Flexible work programs like working from home, no meetings after 1pm on Fridays, year-long summer hours and flexible start and end times
- You can become a Certified Beer Enthusiast through in-house training that includes everything from brewing techniques to beer tasting and food pairings
- Access to cool brand clothing and swag, top events, beer allotment
- Participation in our Total Rewards program with a competitive base salary, incentive plans, parental leave, health, dental and pension benefits
- Work within a fast paced and innovative company, meeting passionate colleagues and partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences
At Molson Coors we seek diversity. Differing perspectives lead to challenging the expected, which keeps new ideas bubbling up. We’re an equal opportunity employer and invite applications from candidates from all backgrounds, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic. We take pride in celebrating our unique brew.