Legal Product Developer
- Thomson Reuters
- 333 Bay Street - Toronto
- Lawyer - Other, Legal Researcher, Legal Writer
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
Legal Product Developer – Practical Law Canada/What's Market
To support the content creation and maintenance processes for Practical Law Canada with specific focus on What's Market.
This position is responsible for:
- supporting authoring process for Practical Law Canada materials by researching changes in the law and authoring, reviewing or editing portions of resources as directed by PL Canada Lawyer Editors;
- researching, writing, editing, updating and publishing resources for PL Canada created by in-house Lawyer Editors and third-party contributors as directed by PL Canada Lawyer Editors or Product Development Operations Manager;
- reviewing and assessing daily filings for credit agreements, IPOs and private acquisition agreements for potential inclusion in What's Market product;
- working with What's Market Lawyer editor to draft summaries for Finance and Corporate deals for inclusion in the What's Market database;
- tracking updates to websites, caselaw and legislation. Filtering and relaying this information to the appropriate parties to support the timely maintenance of Practical Law resources;
- supporting Practical Law leadership with go-to-market tasks including preparing content for marketing materials and assisting with webinar creation;
- keeping abreast of all legal developments which impact assigned products; and
- providing testing and other support as needed for Practical Law product and workflow enhancements.
You will be a strong team player and will possess:
- an LL. B or J.D. degree;
- experience working as a lawyer or student in a law firm;
- excellent drafting and writing skills, including: very close attention to detail; an impressive command of grammar, punctuation and plain English, and; the ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply;
- enthusiasm, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services;
- strong analytical, problem-solving and issue-resolution skills;
- strong planning and organizational skills;
- the ability to work with minimal direct supervision;
- demonstrated research/writing skills;
- the ability to work under tight deadlines and to handle a variety of activities simultaneously;
- a positive attitude and a flexible approach;
- the ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with others across Thomson Reuters; and
- PC skills (MS Office).
Thomson Reuters offers an environment that is both challenging and supportive, and we are proud to have been named one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers from 2009 – 2019, a Best Workplace from 2006 – 2019, and a Great Place to Work for Women in 2015 and 2017. We consider work from home arrangements for people with a disability or specific accessibility needs. If requested, accommodation will be provided throughout the recruitment and assessment process.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.