Legal Counsel - Real Estate
- City of Vaughan
- Vaughan, ON
- $136,105.00 - $162,033.00/Year
- Lawyer - In House Counsel, Lawyer - Public Sector
- Area of Practice
- Real Estate Law
- Job Type
- Temporary, Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Vaughan is a city on the move. With a downtown core rising from the ground, a state-of-the-art hospital under construction and a bustling subway, these exciting projects are transforming the community. Be part of something amazing and build your career at the City of Vaughan.
As one of the fastest growing municipalities in Canada, we are committed to providing a thriving work environment, excellent benefits, learning and growth opportunities and a place where collaboration and teamwork is fostered. Excellence demands brilliant personalities, visionary thinking and a passion for public service. Vaughan is your place to grow
Reporting to the City Solicitor, you will be responsible for providing legal advice to Council, senior management and City staff on real estate matters, and drafting and negotiating real estate agreements, and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
• We are looking for a member of the Law Society of Ontario, with a minimum of 1-2 years’ of experience in real estate law.
• Experience in municipal and other public sector organizations will be considered an asset.
• We are looking for a lawyer with excellent communication and interpersonal skills who can effectively interact with council, staff at all levels, and members of the public; who demonstrates sound judgement and strong drafting and negotiating skills; and who has strong organization skills and proven ability to work under tight deadlines.
Please note that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Vaughan is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment and welcomes applications from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. The City of Vaughan is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.