At PwC, we work together to provide exceptional industry-focused services to clients from 26 offices across Canada. We’re a member of the PwC network of firms, with more than 223,000 people in 157 countries.
Our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. Our shared global values help us achieve our purpose and guide our actions. We act with integrity, make a difference, care, work together and reimagine the possible.
Line of ServiceTax
SpecialismLegal Services - Employment & Pensions
Management LevelSenior Associate
Job Description & SummaryA career within Legal Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients adopt a more strategic approach to global entity governance across their organisations. We help our clients and their legal entities with the incorporation of new companies, on going compliance with local legislation, and restructuring of their global businesses to manage governance and compliance risks.
Our team specialises in providing legal advice across all of our clients disciplines. You’ll help provide legal support to a wide array of specialty areas from cyber security and technology to banking and intellectual property.
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
As a Senior Corporate Law Clerk you will be responsible for:
- Handling incorporations, partnership and other business registrations (e.g. EPLs) and maintain books, corporate and PPSA registrations and fundamental corporate changes with expertise and efficiency.
- Able to understand accountant instruction letters related to complex tax-driven reorganizations, in order to prepare a closing agenda and necessary resolutions, agreements and other documents for the lawyers' review
- Conduct due diligence for M&A, Financing and other transactions and prepare summaries and recommendations
- Tackle complex minute book reviews with an understanding of the applicable corporate compliance obligations and the ability to provide lawyers with clear, concise reports and recommendations
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar role with a law firm. A combination of private practice experience and relevant in-house corporate secretarial experience may be considered
- College diploma in a relevant law clerk program or equivalent experience and a university degree is considered an asset
- Demonstrate experience with a variety of corproate/commercial and financing transactions