Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk
- The Bagg Group
- Toronto, ON
- Salary up to $105,000
- Law Clerk
- Area of Practice
- Commercial Real Estate Law
- Minimum Level of Education
- University degree
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Salary up to $105,000 + Generous Bonus + 3 Weeks’ Vacation + Fantastic Benefits and Pension Plan!!!
Our client, a leader in the retail real estate industry, is seeking a Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk to join their dynamic team! In this role, you will be responsible for negotiating, finalizing and interpreting leases for a portfolio of commercial properties as well as providing support to the VP of Legal. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Commercial Real Estate Law Clerk to have an impact and develop their career within a large organization!
- Negotiate, draft and finalize commercial leases (retail and office), ancillary documentation and a range of contractual documentation; establish initial precedents
- Provide assistance in the negotiation and preparation of Letters of Intent, and in the interpretation of clauses
- Complete documentation with tenants within specified timelines
- Liaise with outside counsel regarding the preparation and negotiation of leases and documentation
- Assist the operations team in the issuance of default notices, resolution of tenant disputes and interpretation of lease clauses
- Run and maintain various summaries and reports for the Legal team
- Minimum 3 years of commercial leasing experience, either in-house with a significant commercial portfolio or within a major law firm
- Law Clerk certification is required and a University Degree in legal studies preferred
- Knowledge of commercial tenancy law
- Exhibit sound judgement and confidence in identifying and flagging potential issues
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize and to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment
To apply, please click Apply to submit resume.
View all of our job postings at www.bagg.com
Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all stages of the recruitment process.