Weston Foods is a leading North American bakery company with a specialized focus across all key bakery categories, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, alternatives breads, and others. We bake our products in more than 40 bakeries across Canada and the USA, conducting our business with integrity, contributing to our communities, and fostering a respectful culture. We are building a culture of success here, and it depends on our people striving for greatness and having the courage and commitment to getting better every day.
Reporting to the General Counsel and Vice President, Legal of Weston Foods, this role will involve a combination of administrative and coordination support services to Weston Foods’ legal group, as well as playing a key role in managing our Competition Compliance obligations as a business.
Role Responsibilities Include:
Executive Assistance: Assists with calendar management, travel arrangements, expenses reimbursements, and various projects and presentations for General Counsel.
Legal & General Administration:
- Assists Legal department with various administrative tasks, including, but not limited to, setting up internal management meetings, team meetings.
- Assisting with Real Estate lease administration.
- Managing Contract Approval/document execution processes.
- Serengeti (Law firm invoices)/Invoice processing.
- Records/file/vault management.
- Maintaining Contracts Database.
- Policy inventory/maintenance.
- Website updates and intranet updates.
- Office maintenance/ordering.
- Attendance records, training schedules.
- Offsite Storage and Retention Schedules.
- Assist with electronic and hard copy filings of legal documents.
- Prepares letters, memos, labels, reports and spreadsheets using Microsoft Office. ‘
- Manages Outlook calendar, schedules meetings and appointments.
- Receives, prioritizes and redirects mail and telephone calls as appropriate.
Competitor Compliance Coordination
- Assists the Director, Compliance – Competition Law with various administrative and coordination tasks including setting, tracking and managing on-line training sessions at Weston Foods and managing quarterly certification processes.
- Monitor the Competition Compliance mailbox to ensure that email reports/issues are appropriately assigned, investigated and resolved in compliance with internal procedures; seek advice or guidance from the Director, Compliance – Competition Law as required
- Maintain and update mailbox tracker and incident log weekly to track status of incidents and the resolution provided or taken
- Produce the Compliance mailbox scorecard report for MRCC/BAG meetings as required
- Assign e-learning and specialized training to new employees, monitor and report on annual employee training requirements
- Maintain updated records of current training compliance documents on training master tracker weekly
- Assist with preparation of: Competition Law Business Advisory Group Meeting materials, Business Updates, materials for Team Meetings and materials for Training Sessions as required
- Assist with ad hoc requests to support the World Class Compliance initiative for ISO 19600 certification
- Previous experience of two or more years supporting compliance and/or legal teams
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Database Maintenance).
- Experience with Serengeti, other corporate systems an asset.
- Ability to work in a highly organized manner where attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality are critical.
- Adaptable and flexible individual who works effectively as part of a team.
- Self-motivated; ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills; with ability to juggle multiple priorities.
- High level of professionalism and ability to deal effectively with all levels within the organization as well as external contacts.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Qualified candidates must have high degree of initiative requiring little or no supervision, have great organizational skills, sound judgment and the ability to prioritize assignments, solve problems, and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality work in a timely fashion in a fast-paced work environment; and,
- Proven ability to maintain discretion and /or confidentiality.
Weston is committed to fostering a work environment with strong core values that support diversity through various policies, programs and activities that encourage sensitivity and accommodations. Weston offers employment regardless of race, colour, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, or sexual orientation. Diversity is integral to our success as an organization and we will use diversity as a model to help identify and develop the best talent, create effective teams, and achieve overall excellence. In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Weston s'engage à promouvoir un environnement de travail avec des valeurs fortes qui favorisent la diversité à travers divers politiques, programmes et activités qui encouragent la sensibilité et les accommodements. Weston offre du travail sans égard à l’ethnie, la couleur de la peau, le sexe, l’origine, la religion, l’âge, le handicap ou l’orientation sexuelle. La diversité est une partie intégrante de notre succès en tant qu’entreprise et nous allons utiliser la diversité comme modèle pour aider à identifier et à développer les meilleurs talents, pour créer des équipes efficaces et pour atteindre une excellence globale. En outre, nous croyons que la conformité aux lois consiste à faire ce qu'il faut. Le respect de la loi fait partie de notre Code de conduite; il renforce ce que nos clients et nos parties prenantes attendent de nous.
Number of openings: