IKO Industries Ltd. is a market leader in the manufacturing of roofing and building materials. IKO is a Canadian owned and operated business with production facilities worldwide and has many years of unparalleled success in the roofing materials industry. Quality, integrity, and trustworthiness are the values that underlie this success, and we have built this company by hiring people who hold these values. People like you!
IKO is a global leader in the manufacture of quality residential and commercial roofing products since 1951. IKO recognizes that its tremendous success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of IKO is to promote individual employee’s sense of accomplishment and contribution, so that employees enjoy their association with IKO. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry; and we are pleased to offer competitive compensation and benefits, a progressive and challenging workplace, and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
We presently have an opportunity for a Corporate Secretary to join our team at our head office in North York for a contract role for a defined period of time. The successful candidate will have 3 - 5 years experience in a multi-jurisdictional company, specifically across Canada and the USA. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated their ability in accuracy, attention to detail, and shown agility through their experience. A self-starter with a go getter attitude.
- Obtain copies of the Corporate records for a recent acquisition
- Ensure the Corporate records are complete
- Update the companies corporate data base for the acquired companies
- Work with legal counsel and other adviors to prepare the appropriate documentation to ensure a complete and accurate set of corporate records
- Other tasks may include:
- Accurately ensure the filing of annual returns for the corporations in the jurisdictions they operate (a) Draft basic transfer agreements, (b) In conjunction with legal counsel, perfectly maintain the corporate minute books and records, (c) Draft minutes and resolutions of the corporations, (d) Draft complex intercompany loan agreements, (e) Ensure all corporate information is up to date in the company’s data base, (f) On a biannual basis review the company’s records in Blueprint and compare with: (i) the accountants records, and (ii) the actual record book held by legal counsel, and resolve any discrepancies
- Bachelor of Arts with a focus on paralegal studies
- Law clerk designation would be a benefit
- Experience working in a large corporate setting and/or law firm
- Blueprint software experience
- Excellent organizational skills
IKO recognizes that its success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of IKO is to promote individual employee's sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with IKO. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, and undertakes great efforts to nurture loyalty to, and teamwork at, IKO. We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment:
IKO Industries Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
IKO Industries Ltd. encourages and welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.