Contract Negotiator will be the initial point of contact and Statement of Work (SOW) to review, edit and provide negotiation support to standard and basic form agreements, as directed by the Negotiation Team’s Sr. Contract Negotiator(s), Supervisor(s), and/or Manager(s). The Contracts Negotiator will also be the primary point of contact for all communications regarding the form agreements to the point of escalation. In addition to these primary duties, the Contracts Negotiator maintains information within a contract management tracking database to streamline production and ensure prompt delivery of contractual documents.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Drafts, edits and negotiates NDAs, SOWs, and other standard and basic form agreements according to departmental contract negotiation guidelines and procedures.
- Logs and tracks NDAs, SOWs, and other standard form agreements, to completion within a contract management tracking database.
- Provides training and guidance to Sales stakeholders regarding contract terms, contract review procedures, and negotiation strategies.
- Provides training and guidance to Program Sales Coworkers on contract-related issues and existing and newly developed procedures.
- Addresses contract-related issues as they arise, with appropriate escalation to the assigned Sr. Contract Specialist, Supervisor of Contract Negotiations and/or Manager of Contracts when required.
- Proposes and assists with the development of tools for the enhancement of contractual processes and documentation.
- Additional duties may be assigned on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree and Paralegal certificate or contract management certification (e.g. NAP, IACCM, SCMA)
- Two years of business and/or legal experience with a working knowledge of general contract principles, including direct experience in the drafting and negotiation of standard contracts, terms and conditions, SOWs, and other documents and forms.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to recognize and address both business and legal opportunities and risks.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with a comprehensive command of legal terms and phrasing.
- Ability to effectively interact, influence and gain acceptance of coworkers within different levels of the organization and within different departments.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
- Exceptional attention to details
- Strong organizational skills.
- 3 to 4 years of business and/or legal experience with expertise in the drafting and negotiation of various kinds of agreements.
- Demonstrable IT product, contract, and customer knowledge.
- Bilingual (English/French)
Similar searches: Paralegal