- Vancouver, BC
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
At Avigilon we are helping solve some of the biggest challenges around safety and physical security by developing advanced artificial intelligence (AI) technologies and products that are used to help keep people, businesses, and cities around the world safer. Avigilon, a Motorola Solutions company, designs, develops, and manufactures advanced AI, video analytics, network video management software and hardware, surveillance cameras, and access control solutions that help change the way people interact with their security systems.
Founded in 2004 in Vancouver, Avigilon has been a driving force behind the security industry’s AI evolution and has continuously been a company that stands for innovation and growth. At Avigilon, you will find a culture of thought-leaders who are passionate about creating exciting new solutions for security and surveillance. We seek problem-solvers who are eager to rise to the challenges of a continuously evolving technological industry, and those who want to make an impact of the safety of people and businesses globally.
In line with the continued growth and global expansion of Avigilon, we are looking to add talented and hardworking legal minds to our Legal Department. From Avigilon’s global headquarters in Vancouver, the Legal Department provides timely, responsive and proactive advice and support to Avigilon’s business units across a broad range of matters and corporate initiatives including: the development, manufacturing, marketing, and sale of our products; commercial contracts; employee relations; and the development and protection of our intellectual property rights. In addition, the Legal Department is responsible for litigation management, tax planning and compliance, and the maintenance of Avigilon’s patent portfolio.
Our Legal Counsel is expected to be a valued member of the team and work directly with Avigilon’s business units to identify, assess, and resolve legal and business issues. Initially, the focus will be primarily on commercial and employment matters, with the opportunity to become involved in other areas and take on new responsibilities as the individual gains experience and familiarity with Avigilon’s operations and the Legal team’s role.
- Being a key legal resource for Avigilon’s global operations and providing legal advice and support on operational, sales, marketing, employment, and other
- Identifying, assessing and resolving applicable legal issues independently and providing effective, timely and implementable
- Preparing and reviewing legal and other corporate documents including commercial contracts, services agreements, confidentiality agreements, employment contracts, marketing materials, product documentation, and internal policies and
- Where necessary, engaging and working with external legal counsel to assist with the assessment and resolution of legal issues, while managing the relationship to ensure efficiency, cost-effectiveness and a solid work
- Proactively monitoring and advising on legal developments that may impact our business and help set strategic
- Member in good standing with the Law Society of British Columbia.
- 2 to 5 years of experience at a top-tier law firm or in-house at a leading company including:
- experience reviewing and drafting a variety of commercial contracts; and
- experience reviewing and drafting employment/consulting contracts and termination paperwork.
- Excellent legal drafting skills with the ability to be precise, creative, and flexible in your approach.
- Strong research and analytical skills and ability to make sound legal
- Willingness and aptitude to learn and apply new skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment of when to escalate
- Team-oriented with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Perks and Benefits:
As a full-time employee at Avigilon, you are eligible to receive a comprehensive benefits package which includes MSP, extended health, dental, and medical insurance while travelling. You will also receive a health spending account to cover additional healthcare costs, such as vision care, RMT and chiropractor visits.
We believe that diversity spawns innovation – the more diverse our employees are, the more ideas and talents we have to excel as a leader in the technology sector. If you would like to be part of a dynamic team of people who are ambitious, focused, and hardworking then we look forward to meeting you!