Paramount is at the forefront of financial technology innovation and has become a trusted partner to hundreds of leading merchants around the world.
We enable merchants to access the global banking system for reliable and secure consumer financial data intelligence and payment processing in regulated industries such as igaming, sports-betting, and digital remittance.
Originating in Toronto more than 15 years ago, Paramount has grown to include offices in, Vancouver, London, Malta, and Las Vegas.
We are a global team of smart, dedicated people committed to finding ground-breaking solutions to consumer verification and payment challenges online. We foster an inclusive, collaborative environment where all voices are heard, all people are respected, and all triumphs are celebrated. We also recognize that leading-edge innovation means doing things that have never been done before. Sometimes we’ll fail. That’s good, because we learn from failure, take what we learn, and move on to success.
We are going through a period of explosive growth and are seeking an In-House Counsel to provide legal support for all of our business functions and activities.
In this role, you will work closely with our business functions across Paramount Commerce, to understand and assess legal and business risks.
What will you do?
- Review, draft, negotiate, advise, manage, and provide legal approval on internal and external contracts and agreements, including review and approval of all advertising and marketing materials for compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Advise and counsel our executive team and business teams on all legal matters relevant to the business.
- Monitor and advise on potential impacts of proposed legislative and regulatory changes affecting Paramount Commerce.
- Research and anticipate new and emerging legal issues that could affect Paramount Commerce, especially on industry-specific issues.
You will be/have:
- An LLB or JD from an accredited university.
- A member in good standing of a recognized Bar Association.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years of experience practicing law at a law firm or in-house (a combination of both is a plus).
- Experience in a regulated industry such as banking, payments, or gambling industries.
- An understanding and broad legal training in regulatory and commercial law, with experience in contract law, negotiation, interacting with regulators, and risk management.
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; ableto communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, and work as part of a team.
- Able to quickly grasp legal and business issues and provide tailored legal advice.
- Comfortable dealing with a wide range of issues from small to large, with a sense for what is important based on a solid understanding of commercial and business priorities.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to manage and adapt to changing priorities.
At Paramount, we celebrate diversity and know that our company is stronger with a multicultural team that brings different experiences and backgrounds to the job. We also know that your work team isn’t your only team. Work-life balance isn’t just something we say; it’s something we live.
Paramount welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection