Reporting to the Vice President and General Counsel, you will:
• Prepare, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts
• Defend ABB’s interests in claims and disputes
• Provide legal support to the company's Canadian business operations, including in connection with manufacturer’s liability, distribution, litigation and acquisitions/divestitures
• Management and development of risk management and compliance processes, together with associated training
• Advise on legal developments impacting the company
• Travel and meet with suppliers/clients, as required
• Ensure compliance with ABB’s policies and applicable laws of our projects and actions
• Member of the Quebec Bar or the bar of another Canadian jurisdiction.
• 3 – 6 years of relevant experience (corporation or law firms).
• Have the ability to write and speak in French & English
• Demonstrated negotiation skills
• Excellent communication, organizational skills and ability to develop a broad skill set will be key to your success
ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and values a diverse workforce. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. In support of our Employment Equity Program, women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply and self-identify in the application process. We also offer a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries and a complete benefits package.
ABB is prepared to act on requests for disability accommodations that might be required to allow any disabled person to access our facility. Please advise us if any attending person requires/requests some specific form of disability accommodation.
The masculine form is used as neutral gender and includes men and women.