Corporate Paraprofessional - Mergers & Acquisitions
- Miller Thomson LLP
- Vancouver, BC
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Minimum Level of Education
- Certificate from community college
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 1-3 years
Miller Thomson LLP is one of Canada's fastest growing national business law firms, with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Regina, Saskatoon, London, Kitchener-Waterloo, Guelph, Toronto, Markham, Vaughan and Montréal. Our consistent ability to provide practical, creative and cost-effective advice, combined with an unyielding service commitment to our clients and a strong dedication to our lawyers, staff and the communities in which we practice, gives us a unique position in the Canadian legal industry.
Are you an intermediate Paraprofessional with experience in Corporate Law with a focus on Mergers & Acquisitions? The Vancouver office is looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join their team.
In this role, you will be tasked to:
- Perform a variety of legal and administrative duties in the area of corporate law as well as coordinating and drafting corporate resolutions, notices, agreements and other ancillary documents in connection with corporate transactions.
- Draft share provisions and documents pertaining to corporate and tax reorganizations (ITA ss 51, 85, 86, 97), financings and share or asset purchase transactions.
- Conduct straightforward corporate minute book reviews and prepare reports.
- Draft documents relating to incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, amendments/alterations, rollovers, redemptions, annual proceedings, dividends, continuances, dissolutions, revivals, extra-provincial registrations across Canada, licenses, limited partnerships and business names.
- Research and interpret legal and technical procedures, statutes, and regulations applicable to area of practice.
- Conduct corporate searches and analyzing filings.
- Maintain and review corporate records, securities ledgers and registers, including uploading executed documents to virtual minute books.
- Maintain Extra Provincial Registrations and licenses.
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, students and public officials and mentor junior clerks.
- Other maintenance tasks and filings.
To be successful in this role, you possess:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a Corporate Paraprofessional, including experience with transactions
- Completion of a Paralegal certification and designation
- CORES Level II or III designation
- Excellent knowledge of federal and provincial corporate statutes and corporate procedures
- A professional attitude with polished communication skills
- Focus on client-service and building relationships
- An ability to work independently, accurately and efficiently on multiple files simultaneously
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Miller Thomson will provide accommodations on request throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodations, please inform our Talent Management department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.