The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
As the National Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for managing the contracting process for 3rd party service providers, ensuring retail facilities are best in class for regulatory compliance, ownership of scheduled maintenance budgets, and development of the computerized maintenance management systems.
• Develop a robust process of document collection, retention and record maintenance. Manage contract database for all contracts on a national level.
• Work with all regional maintenance managers to establish all service contracts requirements in the business.
• Establish and implement national filing standards for service contracts.
• Ensure all corporate service agreements reflect the minimum corporate standards, insurance and occupational health standards.
• Ensure service contract documents reflect minimum acceptable code compliance requirements for all authorities having jurisdiction.
• Develop contract standardization and templates, in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
• Conduct review, ensure procedures and standards align with Corporate standards.
• Manages competitive bids, from submission, vendor evaluation and selecting finalists.
• Analyze vendor performance to ensure compliance with service level agreements and continuous improvement of services.
• Create and issue vendor scorecards.
• Track and forecast budgets for all scheduled maintenance activities with Loblaw and Shoppers Drug Mart
• Identify and manage continuous improvement projects related to the computerized maintenance management system to optimize process efficiency
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• 5 + years experience in contracts management in large matrix organization with experience in outsourcing, negotiations, performance audits and validation.
• Advance understanding of Building and Fire Code requirements for commercial properties.
• Excellent organizational skills are a requirement.
• Proven record of sound judgment and creative problem solving.
• High degree of competency with project management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, issue resolution, negotiation, and customer relationship management.
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present business and technical issues, ideas and recommendations clearly in verbal, written and presentation format.
• Grocery retail and or food distribution experience is a definite asset.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.