To help continue fuel our growth, Trulioo is adding an Associate Counsel to its team. This is a rare opportunity for a junior lawyer to join a fast-growing and exciting tech startup, and gain considerable hands-on experience with business clients and stakeholders. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial individual ready to take on a challenging legal operations role in the identity verification and regulatory (Regtech) space.
This is a full-time position in our downtown Vancouver HQ, walking distance from shops, restaurants, and public transit. Compensation is based on experience and includes stock options and benefits.
As a part of our Legal & Compliance team you will…
- Prepare and review commercial agreements including Non-Disclosure Agreements, End-User License Agreements, Partner Agreements, and more
- Assist in drafting internal policies and procedures
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding laws and guidelines specific to Trulioo’s industry, including researching and reporting on data privacy and protection changes, the global KYC/AML compliance regulatory landscape, and other relevant legal developments impacting the identity verification space
- Analyze current legal operations, make recommendations for improvements, and execute against a project delivery timeline
- Provide specialist advice that is aligned to wider business strategies and supports the organization to deliver on its priorities
- Support senior counsel and work collaboratively with other team members and departments
- Generally lend expertise and assistance to all areas of legal operations
We’re looking for someone who has…
- JD, LLB, or equivalent legal degree
- 1-2 years of relevant private practice or in-house experience
- A strong interest in regulatory affairs, specifically around data privacy and protection, KYC/AML compliance regulations, and policy developments in the identity verification space
- Understanding of contract terminology, practices, and concepts
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Business acumen, sound judgment, and solid negotiation skills
- Flexible and adaptable mindset and working style
Trulioo (Truly You) was founded in 2011 by Stephen Ufford and Tanis Jorge, two Canadian serial entrepreneurs, to help reduce fraud, mitigate risk, and increase trust and safety online.
By providing secure access to GlobalGateway, Trulioo’s marketplace of identity data and services, organizations can instantly verify the identities of five billion people and 250 million businesses worldwide through a single API. Trulioo helps organizations automate, digitize and scale their customer onboarding, fraud prevention, and compliance operations around the globe.
Our clients include some of the world’s most prominent tech companies, banks, payment processors, and money transfer companies, along with major online marketplaces, financial institutions and gaming companies.
A Silicon Valley-funded tech company, Trulioo is headquartered in Vancouver, with satellite offices in San Francisco and Dublin. Trulioo is the recipient of many prestigious honors and awards, including CNBC Disruptor 50 Company, Best ID Verification and Authentication Solution at the CNP Awards for two consecutive years and ranked #1 for Top Identity Verification Provider in the RegTech Supplier Report three years running. We were also the B.C. winner of Startup Canada’s 2018 Global Entrepreneurship Award and were crowned winners of the Compliance Innovation category at the 2018 RemTECH Awards.
Working at Trulioo
Trulioo offers a fast-paced, dynamic work environment where all employees have an impact. The company is growing fast, so we like to work hard and have fun!
We have catered lunches twice a week, fresh fruit and snacks, yoga classes, team-building events, and of course the standard ping-pong and foos. But what should excite you the most about Trulioo is the opportunity to be a key player in revolutionizing how technology, trust, and identity intersect online, and working with people who are excited and motivated to make a difference in an area that touches everyone's lives.
Enjoy a rewarding and challenging startup environment filled with fun perks!
Learn more about us at www.trulioo.com
Trulioo is a growing company and while we thank everyone in advance for considering us, only those who are being considered will be contacted.