Law Clerk, Labour, Employment and Human Rights
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
- Conducting legal research and analysis;
- Drafting a variety of legal documents;
- Assisting with the preparation of presentations to the business;
- Attending small claims court and before various boards and tribunals;
- Liaise with the business to help handle litigation/dispute matters, locate documents, collect data, etc.;
- Arranging for service and filing of legal documents;
- Serengeti administration including opening /closing matters, reporting and budget monitoring;
- Organizing files, correspondence and related documents electronically;
- Organizing and maintaining data management system, including knowledge management of research, legal opinions, decisions, etc.; and
- Assisting with other legal and administrative tasks as assigned;
- College Law Clerk or Paralegal License;
- Good understanding of law firm or legal department processes and systems;
- Highly organized and detail oriented;
- Excellent written and oral communication, time management and multitasking skills;
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Strong team player;
- Proficient in Word, Sharepoint, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Working knowledge of French is an asset
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.