Deloitte is one of the world's leading management consulting firms for executable strategy, operations, technology, and human capital advisory services. The consulting practice is built around integrated core capabilities - people, process and technology and industry expertise - the capabilities needed to help clients to tackle their most complex challenges.
Service Excellence Group
Managing the quality of our work and the risk associated with client engagements are two of the most important factors to being one of the best consulting practices in the world. The Service Excellence team provides an integrated approach for consistently delivering high quality results to our clients by providing a comprehensive tool set for Quality Management and Risk Management.
The Contracts Manager within Deloitte Service Excellence group will serve as a trusted advisor to Deloitte leadership on the development of our contracts as well as contract matters during the performance of consulting engagements and will be the primary point of contact for all post-award contract issues. The Contracts Manager will manage a variety of contracts and subcontracts within the public sector and commercial markets in accordance with Deloitte policies and procedures, applicable laws, and contract requirements. These contracts will be for large-scale, complex, professional services consulting engagements within multiple industries.
- Aid in the development of our client contracts
- Appropriately interpret client contract requirements to allow for the development of comprehensive client master services agreements, statements of work and change management.
- Develop processes and procedures to aid in the monitoring and management of our contracts
- Reviews and monitors contractual obligations of the parties to validate all terms and conditions are met
- Provides on-site advice to engagement teams on contract management and contract compliance matter
- Become the “go-to” individual for researching complex contract issues
- Summarizes and communicates key contractual requirements and obligations
- Assists engagement teams in organizing, managing, and documenting compliance with contract requirements
- Develops and implements contract management tools, templates, methods and processes for individual engagements
- Identifies risks and issues, and develops risk mitigation solutions that protect Deloitte during the term of the engagement
- Escalates critical contract issues to key internal constituents to ensure timely and appropriate resolution
- Works closely with engagement teams to propose and support negotiation of change orders, with a primary focus on ensuring timely and appropriate adjustments to contract schedule, price or other terms as circumstances dictate
- Assists in subcontract negotiations as necessary, and ensures all subcontracts include applicable prime contract flow down provisions
- Analyzes and assesses potential impacts associated with contractual disputes, and assists in negotiations with clients to resolve informal and formal disputes.
- Maintains a working relationship with Deloitte Project Leadership and Client procurement officials
- Bachelor's degree is required; advanced degree a plus
- 3-5 years direct client facing contract management experience
- Experience dealing with contracts in the Public Sector industry
- 2 years minimum experience with contract negotiations
- 2 years minimum experience working directly with senior level executives and large engagement teams
- Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to evaluate risks associated with large professional services engagements
- Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding, deadline-driven environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Experience in a consulting partnership desirable
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make a greater impact than you ever thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and drive our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, and lead.
At Deloitte, we understand that everyone, and their career goals, are different. As a firm, we help create the conditions and opportunities that will enable our people to thrive – both professionally and personally. We do this by making three commitments to our people:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to work how you want, and we have innovative spaces and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Apply now and let us show you how to push your career to the next level at Deloitte. The One Firm. For You.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted