We are now looking for an Experienced Patent Paralegal to assist the Patent Agents and patent attorneys in the Patent Organization.
You will ensure that the administrative part of Patent Portfolio Management, i.e. filing and prosecuting patent applications, is performed in accordance with our internal policies and patent law.
You will collaborate with Patent Professionals, Inventors, Patent Unit Managers, Outside Counsels / Law firms, Licensing department.
The successful candidate is a highly trustable and reliable person, an excellent team player, having outstanding communication and inter-personal skills.
Proactive, always present to help colleagues and showing an obvious can-do attitude, the candidate should be able to organize his/her work efficiently and proactively in order to meet the demands of the position.
• Manages US, Canadian, PCT, and international patent filings and prosecution, along with important patent portfolios, and work with world class inventors and patent correspondents
• Dockets and tracks all the actions required in the patent process; maintains the filing system and patent databases
• Assists in-house patent practitioners with management of their dockets, and maintains correspondence with the patent attorneys related to the preparation and prosecution of patent applications
• Receives and dockets invention disclosures and related documents
• Retrieves, prints, and stores prior art documents; scans and stores incoming paper mail
• Typing official documents (e.g. patent applications and responses to Office actions)
• Verifies legal documents, ensuring that they are complete and in good order
College degree (DEC) in paralegal field, or a university degree in a relevant field is preferred.
Min. 5 years as a patent administrator, including experience in patent laws, procedures and administration of a legal office and patent database systems, and assistance to patent practitioners.
• Good knowledge of the patent process in US, Canada, PCT, and international, including knowledge of the administrative preparation of Office actions;
• Good knowledge of at least one patent docketing system (patent database);
• Highly developed communication and organizational skills, obvious can-do attitude;
• Highly developed computer skills (Word, Excel, Database maintenance, reports, etc
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Therefore employees assigned may be required to perform additional job tasks required by the manager.