Do you love contracts? I mean, really love them? Do you count and organize precedents to get to sleep at night? Do you read the fine print for fun? Did you insist on drafting the by-laws and waiver for your recreational association? Have you ever disclaimed a disclaimer? If so, you should be a part of our team!
As Legal Counsel – Technology Transactions, you will be instrumental in owning each contract negotiation, engaging internal and external customers and helping to refine negotiation strategy. As a representative of Intelex, you will be responsive and expeditious, with an eye to making each negotiation smoother than the last.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Conduct initial review, and manage deadlines for all internal contract requests from various company departments
- Draft and prepare client agreements, including pricing proposals, master services agreements, license agreements, SaaS agreements, non-disclosure agreements, and partnership/strategic alliance agreements
- Maintain, log, organize, track, and update all existing and pending contracts in databases.
- Support departmental process improvements relating to contracts, including company-wide document control.
- Negotiate sales contracts (software licenses and SaaS subscription agreements).
- Engage with internal business units (most often the Sales teams) to drive organizational growth.
- Follow and enhance a negotiation playbook.
- Reports to the Director, Legal
- Works in collaboration with Sales, Services and Finance
Skills & Work Traits
- Highly motivated, creative and self-directed with a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and prioritize between competing projects
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with internal departments as well as external clients and vendors.
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Ability to learn and work with technology resources such as Salesforce and other relevant online resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel).
- 2-5 years of contract law experience, with in-house experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Experience drafting, negotiating and managing a wide range of technology agreements.
- Experience with internet-related agreements and policies, SaaS and cloud computing is preferred.
- Experience in the technology sector is strongly preferred.
- A law degree.
- Admitted to practice in Canada, US or UK.
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com