NOTE: All applicants must first take a Cognitive Aptitude and Employee Personality test. It should take approximately 30 minutes to complete both of them, you should not be interrupted while writing them and remember to read test instructions carefully. If you are selected for an interview, you may be asked to write the test again on-site to make sure you indeed wrote the test the first time.
To write the test in English, follow this link:
To write the test in French, follow this link:
Goldwater, Dubé is a growing family law litigation firm with approximately 25 staff and lawyers. We are considered one of the country's top practices in our field. We handle some of the most challenging and talked-about cases, some making headline news and becoming part of larger social discussions.
We are committed to a diverse workplace and seek to encourage a warm, collegial atmosphere with high-performance expectations. Anyone who works with us will be expected to integrate into our core values:
- Passion: We want people who put love into their job and are motivated to master not only hard skills but soft skills like adaptability, cultural fit and collaboration.
- Compassion: We want people who strive to be frank, honest and dignified in all their relationships and who take pleasure in serving others.
- Tenacity: We want people who are firm, indefatigable, diligent and primed to perform and achieve under pressure.
We have an opening for a legal assistant who will achieve the following performance objectives:
- Manage and organize lawyer emails and legal proceedings
- Assist lawyers with various professional matters (i.e. schedule appointments, preparing conference rooms for meetings, managing schedule)
- Manage agenda on a daily basis
- Open and organize client files
- Be available to administer tasks based on litigation requirements
QUALIFICATIONS AND ASSETS
- Fluent in English and French
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks
- Computer agility in the Mac OS ecosystem
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Full-time hours (Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm)
- Long-term employment
- Competitive salary
- Professional dress code
- Eligible for 3 weeks paid vacation, 1 week unpaid after 6 months of uninterrupted employment
Your application will be treated confidentially. We thank you in advance for your interest, but we will only contact particular candidates for the first interview.