Primary Purpose of Position:
Assist with legal matters to ensure business continuity and efficient management of the Legal Department in Canada. The Law Clerk/Senior Legal Assistant is a trained professional doing independent legal work, which may include managerial duties, under the direction and guidance of a lawyer and whose function is to relieve a lawyer of routine legal and administrative matters and assist in the more complex ones. The Law Clerk/Senior Legal Assistant has a general knowledge of the law, practice and procedures involved within the field of specialization. The Law Clerk/Senior Legal Assistant will provide services according to the specifications of statutory requirements, The Law Society of Ontario, principal’s instructions and office procedures. The Law Clerk/Senior Legal Assistant will assist in maintaining the authority and dignity of the administration of justice and the integrity of the legal profession and will conduct oneself in a professional, diligent and ethical manner.
- Perform a variety of legal and administrative duties in the area of Corporate Law, Secured Lending, pension, Employment, and Labour matters. Draft documents to implement incorporations, organizations, amalgamations, reorganizations, changes in corporate charter, annual proceedings, dividends, continuances, dissolutions, revivals, extra-provincial registrations, licenses, limited partnerships, business names and financing.
- Maintain and review corporate records, securities ledgers and registers, and take appropriate rectification steps. Conduct corporate and securities searches and analyze filings. Maintain database of all key agreements, licenses, and correspondence.
- Liaise with clients, lawyers, Senior Leadership and Management Teams. Provide a variety of ongoing daily support and reporting to the Senior Counsel.
- Draft legal correspondence and simple amendment and termination letters. Coordinating regulatory filings, such as annual corporation filings, security registration renewals. Provide corporate secretarial assistance for resolution drafting. Manage routine minute book maintenance. Coordinate and organize closing documents for transaction closings. Revise, format and coordinate execution of commercial agreements.
- Coordinate all legal administrative duties, including routine filing, photocopying, correspondence, and meeting minute taking, etc. Work with other Goodyear associates on scheduling bill payments and travel bookings.
- Completion of Law Clerk Diploma or in lieu of degree 10 or more years of Corporate Legal Administration experience working in a Corporate Legal Environment or Law Firm
- Bachelors degree preferred
- 5 or more years of experience working in a Corporate Legal Environment or Law Firm.
- Highly organized, experience managing multiple deadlines and projects with attention to detail and high degrees of accuracy.
- Experience working with technology, including learning to use and maintain contract and Litigation Management Systems, Securimate
- Anti-Bribery Platform and Global Contract Solution System.
- Team player with a positive outlook, including a strong personal sense of responsibility with the ability to work independently.
- Self-starter, proactive and professional, requiring flexibility, tact, and diplomacy to work with Senior Leadership Team and customers.
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal and communication skills, professional demeanor, excellent customer service skills.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, Advanced Word, SharePoint, Excel.
- Handle stressful situations, manage competing priorities, exercise good judgment/discretion, privy to highly confidential information
Goodyear is proud to offer equal employment opportunities where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the application or recruitment process, please let us know. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection proc