CI Investments Inc. is one of the country’s largest investment fund companies, managing over $80.5 billion on behalf of two million Canadian investors. CI is known for its innovation and ability to adapt quickly to the changing needs of Canadian investors. It provides employees with a fast-paced and challenging work environment with opportunities for advancement. CI is part of CI Financial, a diverse group of financial services firms.
POSITION: Law Clerk, Compliance
LOCATION: Toronto (M5C 3G7)
We are currently seeking a Law Clerk, Compliance, to join our Compliance team. The Law Clerk, Compliance prepares regulatory compliance filings for regulated entities to ensure timely, complete and accurate filings. The successful candidate will maintain internal reporting procedures and databases. The Law Clerk, Compliance will manage internal contracts and is in regular communication with internal and external contacts and reports to the Vice President, Compliance.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist in the preparation and filing of regulatory securities filings for various registrants
- Manages various internal contracts across Compliance
- Drafting, preparing and proof-reading correspondence and various documents and forms, as well as preparing and filing electronic government forms on various websites
- Assists with opening and maintaining files
- Assists with periodic internal compliance questionnaires and other projects
- Proofread and revise compliance/legal documents
- Processing regulatory invoices, preparing cheque requisitions and expense reports
- Processes incoming and outgoing mail
- Schedules appointments and meetings, photocopies materials, books meeting rooms, makes travel arrangements, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Post-secondary education; Legal Administration and/or Law Clerk Diploma
- Minimum of 5 years solid work experience in a compliance or legal environment, with exposure to corporate/securities transaction documents
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Superior organizational and problem-solving skills and a professional office, client and telephone manner
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside stakeholders, including regulators, clients and vendors
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, remain calm with a sense of urgency while maintaining a positive, team driven work ethic and ability to approach colleagues and lawyers to solicit work
- Demonstrated commitment to privacy and ethical conduct
- Advanced computer skills (Excel, Word, Lotus Notes, Visio), database administration and web-based data management and use of office equipment
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
- Our dedication to the Employee Experience at CI is aimed at supporting, empowering and inspiring our talented team through:
- Recognition & Compensation
- Training & Development
- Health & Well-being
- Communication & Feedback
If you are a passionate, committed and dynamic individual, please submit your resume in confidence by clicking “Apply”.
Only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CI Financial Corp. and all of our affiliates (“CI”) are committed to fair and accessible employment practices and we are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodations in order to apply for any job opportunities, or require this posting in an additional format, please contact us at email@example.com, or call 416-681-4747. If you are contacted by CI regarding a job opportunity or testing and require accommodation in any stage of the recruitment process, please use the above contact information. We will work with all applicants to determine appropriate accommodation for individual accessibility needs.