- General Motors of Canada
- Oshawa, ON - Canadian Headquarters
- Lawyer - In House Counsel
- Area of Practice
- Corporate/Commercial Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
- Minimum Number of Years in Practice
- 4-10 years
General Motors Canada is seeking an exceptional lawyer, called to the Bar of Ontario, with significant commercial experience, strategic business acumen and proven collaborative skills, to join its legal team as Counsel – Corporate and Commercial to General Motors Canada located at our Canadian headquarters in Oshawa, Ontario.
Act as the key counseling contact for a broad range of corporate and commercial legal matters including advertising and marketing, sales and after-sales, dealer relations, competition law, privacy, and consumer protection matters.
Support the drafting and negotiation of a broad range of transactions including those involving real estate, environmental matters, promotions and sponsorships, fleet and distribution agreements, licensing, technology and other commercial matters.
Have responsibility for managing multiple projects simultaneously.
Work effectively across internal functions and multiple businesses.
Act as a key business partner, contributing to General Motors Canada’s success by combining both legal and business expertise and understanding the company’s operations and strategic goals
Apply your open-mindedness and creativity to help develop new business solutions in a dynamic and evolving automotive marketplace.
Work closely with both the General Motors Canada legal department and the GM global legal staff in the United States.
- Has been called to the Bar of Ontario.
- Minimum of 3 years of top-tier private practice or in-house experience, with a preference for more experience.
- Significant corporate and commercial law experience.
- French language proficiency is preferred, but not required.