Match Marketing is the most innovative, digitally driven activation agency in North America. We are dedicated to being the First To Recognize™ the insights, content, experiences and technology that motivate decisions in Shopper Retail. Named one of the top 10 Shopper Marketing agencies in North America, by Hub Magazine, Match Marketing continues to grow its business and clients this year through the employees that drive our business and success!
Match Marketing is growing and so is our legal team.
As a Legal Assistant at Match, your role will go above and beyond the typical parameters of an average legal assistant role. You will be working directly for the Corporate Legal Counsel who is the sole in-house legal representative at Match. The responsibilities of this position will range from important administrative support and organizational tasks to legal tasks, typically requested from Articling Students such as contract review, drafting, legal research and more. As a legal assistant, you would be communicating with the company as a whole, including C-Level executives and the marketers on the ground. There will be a myriad of areas you will assist in: corporate, commercial, real estate, IP, IT, privacy, employment and insurance matters.
The legal assistant will be the right hand of the Corporate Legal Counsel and will be required to take initiative where possible. There is opportunity for growth and most of all experience. Legal work at Match is fast paced, with irregular hours being the norm, although flexibility will be granted as the relationship and trust builds.
- Legal and general administrative work
- Schedule meetings and conferences
- Organize, maintain, review documents and files
- Drafting – contracts, letters, emails etc.
- Contract review
- Support on: property, finance, employment, commercial, corporate etc.
- Must be organized, detail orientated, irregular hours etc.
- Coordination with multiple employees
- General support to the corporate legal counsel
- Legal research
- Other duties as required in a typical legal role
- High drive with lots of aspirations
- Lots of opportunities for added responsibilities
- College level diploma in relevant field or undergraduate degree (administrative studies, paralegal, accounting, business…)
- 2 - 3 of years applicable work experience
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of legal and accounting terminology and procedures related to filing court and other documents (i.e. affidavits) an asset
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with input from many stakeholders
- Ability to cope in a deadline-driven environment
- Have the ability to prioritize and multitask, as well as work effectively under tight deadlines
- Available to work overtime, after hours and on weekends, when required
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with strong prioritizing and follow-up skills
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and able to liaise with creditors, lawyers, government officials, other various stakeholders, as well as the insolvency staff department
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven editing and proof-reading skills
Thank you for applying to this career opportunity. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in this opportunity as well as in our company.