At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Corporate Counsel to join our team in VANCOUVER, British Columbia (CA-BC), Canada (CA).
As a part of Sierra Systems’ Legal team you will:
- Prepare and review commercial agreements including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Partner Agreements, Statements of Work, Change Orders and more
- Manage the legal aspects of a billion-dollar project
- Assist in drafting internal policies and procedures
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding laws and guidelines specific to the technology industry, including researching and reporting on data privacy and protection changes, advising on health-industry and justice-industry related legal matters, and other relevant legal developments impacting the general information technology consulting space across the various industries within which Sierra Systems has clients
- Analyze current legal or business operations, make recommendations for improvements, and execute against firm timelines
- Provide legal advice across various industries that is aligned to wider business strategies and supports the organization to deliver on its priorities
- Support senior counsel both within Canada and globally and work collaboratively with business, sales and other team members and departments
- Provide expertise and assistance to all areas of legal operations as needed
- Be eligible to work in Canada
As far as experience, we are looking for someone who has:
- JD, LLB, or equivalent legal degree
- 1-3 years of relevant private practice or in-house experience
- A strong interest in information technology services and consulting generally
- Understanding of contract terminology, practices, and concepts
- Ability to work with government representatives
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Business acumen, sound judgment, and solid negotiation skills
- Flexible and adaptable mindset and working style
Working at Sierra Systems
Sierra Systems provides a dynamic, fast-paced work environment with significant opportunities for growth within the organization. The Legal team is involved in all aspects of the business and makes important contributions on a daily basis, especially as the company is growing quickly on a national and global scale. We work hard but sincerely value relationships and balance while always having fun at the workplace.
Our offices are in downtown Vancouver, close to restaurants, transit and Stanley Park. For more information about Sierra Systems and NTT DATA Services, please go to www.sierrasystems.com.
While we thank everyone in advance for considering Sierra Systems, only those applicants who are being considered will be contacted.
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.