Legal Administrative Assistant (Advocacy)
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. We are guided by our firm’s Core Values - The Power of Teamwork, Always Striving to be Better, We all Bring Something Different - in all that we do.
Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support services teams work together, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
We are currently seeking an energetic, enthusiastic and detail-oriented self-starter to join our fast-paced team. As an integral member of the Legal Administrative Assistant team, the incumbent will be responsible for providing support to professionals in the Advocacy Department.
- Prepare, draft and revise correspondence, litigation documents and other documentation, and assist with preparations for trial, examinations for discovery and other litigation tasks as required.
- Prepare accounts and manage pre-bills, and have a strong working proficiency with all accounting and billing procedures.
- Take instructions, prioritize incoming work, follow through on assignments and manage ongoing tasks.
- Establish internal protocols and tracking systems and ensure that deadlines are met.
- Maintain schedules, book appointments, travel arrangements, and prepare expense reports.
- Other duties as required.
- Legal Administrative Assistant or Law Clerk Diploma from a recognized college preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant with proficient experience and knowledge in Commercial/ Civil Litigation and Ontario Rules of Civil Procedure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a strong knowledge of grammar and exceptional spelling and proofreading abilities.
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a team and with minimum supervision when required.
- Strong technical skills, with proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
Gowling WLG is proud to offer equal employment opportunities. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.