Deloitte Legal Canada LLP (DLC) is a national law firm with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. Our team of lawyers has extensive experience in the areas of tax controversy and tax litigation, and in advising on the legal aspects of all tax issues and transactions. In addition to its team of tax lawyers, DLC is privileged to be affiliated with Deloitte, a professional services firm with global eminence.
The role of the Litigation Paralegal is to provide senior-level support, while working alongside the lawyers to manage their practices. The Litigation Paralegal must be detail oriented, anticipatory, organized and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment while managing confidential information.
The Litigation Paralegal provides an elevated level of support according to the needs of the lawyers and legal practice. This role includes, but is not limited to, the following primary duties:
- Drafting, preparing and proof-reading of correspondence, accounts, various litigation documents (e.g. ings, briefs), and court forms;
- Preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system to diarize court and court filing dates, meetings, and appointments;
- Organization of trial document and binders;
- Represent the lawyers in a professional and confident manner, in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally;
- Filtering incoming calls/mail/email and following-up on various information requests, including responding to client queries, and re-routing responses appropriately to ensure high level of client service and responsiveness;
- Practice administration: including managing email and calendar accounts, electronic/hard copy filing, processing client accounts, and coordinating meetings, appointments, travel arrangements, etc.;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2 years' work experience in a law firm in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment;
- Tax litigation experience is an asset, but not a requirement;
- Fully bilingual with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Exceptional commitment to client service;
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information; diplomacy, conciliation and discretion are all vital in this role;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated aptitude to prioritize tasks based on comparative importance and urgency;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and direction;
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy;
- Flexibility to work overtime, if required;
- Advanced-level knowledge of common industry software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Deloitte Legal Canada LLP is a national law firm. Our team of tax lawyers has extensive experience in the areas of tax controversy and tax litigation, and in advising on the legal aspects of all tax issues and transactions. In addition to its team of tax litigators, Deloitte Legal Canada LLP is privileged to be affiliated with Deloitte, a professional services firm with global eminence.
Deloitte is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.