Uber is changing the world, and the Uber Legal Team is proud to be part of that. We're looking to hire an exceptional Counsel with specific expertise in litigation and regulatory law to join our team as we continue to scale our business. You'll report directly to our Director, Canada here in our Toronto office.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the Legal Director and counsel in Canada, and the whole Uber legal team globally
- Hands-on work on litigation and regulatory matters, including advising the business on compliance, drafting submissions, attending hearings, and developing strategy
- Work closely with the policy team and operational teams at Uber on public policy and legislative matters
- Help grow the Canadian business across all product lines: ridesharing, Uber Eats, JUMP, ATG--and more to come
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience at a medium to large law firm or in-house at a dynamic, energetic company
- A curious, creative, and pragmatic mind. You can spot issues, get to the heart of a matter, and articulate plans to address them
- Outstanding communication skills, including a crisp writing style
- A strong work ethic and ability to juggle and successfully prioritize competing and voluminous work streams simultaneously
- Comfort working with multiple stakeholders across organizational lines
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory law and civil litigation in common-law Canada
- Strong familiarity with Canada's political environment
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment for a company with operations around the world
- French proficiency an asset but not required
- Enthusiasm about Uber!
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.