One of the great things about being an international real estate company is the variety of career options we can offer our employees. Combined with our investment in your learning and development, we can empower you to achieve your goals.
You could be managing a real estate portfolio for a large pension fund, buying or selling properties, overseeing a development project, managing or leasing a building, or taking on corporate responsibilities related to finance, human resources, sustainability or communications. As careers go, there’s a lifetime of opportunity here.
Where do you see yourself?
Are you a law clerk or paralegal with experience in commercial real estate acquisitions, dispositions and financings, and looking to work in-house with a leader in the commercial real estate space? If yes, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
This is a unique opportunity to work in-house and be a dedicated legal professional with GWL Realty Advisors, one of Canada’s leading real estate companies. You will join an established, highly collaborative and collegial team that is passionate about what they do.
In this role you will be responsible for supporting our Legal Affairs, Investments and Portfolio teams in the execution of real estate transactions, and reporting to various stakeholders, so having strong communication and interpersonal skills will be crucial.
You will assist with the coordination of various internal departments and external counsel. You will be counted on to ensure that real estate transactions are completed in accordance with company policies, processes and legal requirements. You will manage transaction documentation steps from beginning to end – this includes working closely with various internal and external stakeholders in obtaining appropriate information, providing funding instructions, managing possible challenges that arise etc.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensuring Closing Books are complete and received in a timely manner.
- Following up post-closing to resolve any outstanding matters.
- Preparing & distributing internal reports on real estate transactions, funding, and corporate ownership's.
- Maintaining “gold copies” of all closing documents, mortgage documents. Letters of Credit and related summaries.
- Managing the retrieval of historical closing documentation as required.
- Undertaking independent ad-hoc projects for the improvement and automation of tasks.
- Completion of post-secondary education related to a Law Clerk or Paralegal designation.
- Familiarity with commercial real estate legal documentation, due diligence and closing processes, and records management.
- 3 – 5 years of working experience in a law clerk or paralegal position
- An expert with Microsoft Office applications (Bonus points if you know Office 365, Teams, SharePoint or Access).
- Prior experience supporting real estate acquisitions, dispositions, financing's, and related legal matters (highly desirable).
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage changing priorities within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent administrative skills with an innovative and efficient working style.
Why work for us?
Beyond your paycheque, we invest in your health, well-being and development, and encourage teamwork and collaboration, so you can do your best work and enjoy life to its fullest.
Are you ready to grow your future with us?
Learn more about our team of professionals, and the exciting new opportunities available with GWL Realty Advisors by reviewing our job openings below. Apply today!
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.