You are a lawyer with 8+ years of experience advising on large public-private partnership (P3) infrastructure projects and finance transactions in Canada or internationally, seeking an opportunity to apply your skills within a dynamic organization and growing its complex infrastructure portfolio across North America.
In the role of Senior Counsel, you will provide legal support to Ledcor's Infrastructure Investment Group on certain of Ledcor's complex P3 or alternative financing pursuits (the "Pursuits") and advise throughout the process. In addition, you will provide ongoing advice on Ledcor's "live" P3 projects, or other projects that the Infrastructure Investment Group oversees. You will also advise the Infrastructure Investment Group on certain acquisition or divestiture opportunities that are presented to the group by various Ledcor business units. Given the transactional nature of the Pursuits, you will be asked to engage on other legal matters, assist with projects or contractual reviews, from time to time, that may arise within Ledcor's other business units.
Apply now to become part of Ledcor's True Blue team in Vancouver, BC!
- Advise the Infrastructure Investment Group on all legal aspects of the RFQ, RFP and preferred proponent bid submission processes
- Negotiate commercial and financial term sheets, project agreements, pre-bid and joint-venture agreements
- Negotiate and assist in the preparation of definitive commercial and finance documents on successful bids through to financial close, and manage all legal aspects of the financial close process
- Work with the Ledcor design-builder in house lawyer to identify and communicate gaps in contract compliance relative to the Ledcor
- Contractual Risk Management Policy and provide advice and risk mitigation solutions relative to the scope of work
- Provide ongoing support on contractual issues arising under "live" projects, including interpretation of the relevant provisions in various project documents and federal and provincial legislation and regulations, as applicable
- Assume a leadership role and provide guidance to others
- May lead individuals, teams or projects and manage the performance of employees through goal setting, ongoing assessment and coaching
- Anticipate, plan and conduct training sessions to business units
- May perform other related duties as assigned
- Law degree combined with 8+ years of law firm and/or inhouse experience, with exposure to financing arrangements and negotiations of project and partnership agreements in complex pursuits.
- Member in good standing of a provincial Law Society (with preference for British Columbia, Alberta or Ontario)
- Strong understanding of the procurement, complex risk transfer and project finance structure on P3 projects in Canada or internationally
- Strong corporate/commercial legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiation and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
- Strong business acumen, creativity and sound judgment
- Ability to proactively identify key tasks and action items, meet tight deadlines and balance conflicting priorities
- Active listener, approachable, and composed under pressure
- Ability to influence others when explaining/presenting complex ideas
- Ability to establish clear direction to others and comfortably and clearly delegate tasks
- Ability to motivate others and build effective teams
- Develops the ability to integrate and build relationships with senior management.
- Demonstrated understanding of key industry trends, market changes, and operational and strategic goals of the business with the ability to develop distinct legal strategies accordingly