You are looking for fulfillment? We are looking for you!
Danone Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from headquarter offices in Boucherville, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario. Danone Canada is the country’s largest consumer-facing B Corporation, demonstrating that the company meets the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Danone Canada’s ambition is to produce healthful dairy, plant-based products and coffee creamers and beverages; create economic and social value; and nurture natural ecosystems through sustainable agriculture. Its portfolio of brands includes Activia®, Oikos®, DanActive®, Danone®, Silk® plant-based foods and beverages, So Delicious®
Your main role will be to counsel Danone Canada and various other companies of the Danone Group on all legal aspects related to their respective activities, namely in its divisions of dairy products, plant-based products, beverages, bottled water and medical nutrition in Canada.
In this role, you will assume namely the following responsibilities:
- Provide legal advice to various internal clients, including Marketing (advertising, products, food law, labelling, claims, publicity contests, etc.), Sales (contracts with clients, promotions, competition law, consumer protection, etc.), Digital (web sites, social media, data privacy, confidentiality, anti-spam law, etc.), R&I (intellectual property) and HR (contracts, policies, relationship with employees, etc.);
- Draft, revise and negotiate various commercial contracts;
- Monitor and anticipate the main legal trends;
- Provide legal trainings to the main stakeholders (internal departments, external agencies);
- Support the legal department in its corporate compliance initiatives;
- Analyse rules and regulations applicable to the commercial activities of Danone Canada and other various affiliates.
- The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and competencies:
- Member of the Ontario Bar (or another Common Law province) or the Quebec Bar;
- Between 1 to 3 years of relevant experience;
- Bilingual (English and French), spoken and written;
- A strong business sense, pragmatic and results-oriented
- Excellent analysis skills and ability to synthesize;
- Very organized, autonomous and takes initiative;
- Ability to collaborate and work with multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to work under pressure with tight delays;
- Some travelling required.
Please note that this posting has been written in the masculine form solely to shorten the text. We promote diversity and encourage all people with the skills mentioned in this posting to apply for this position.