Entry-Level US Immigration Attorney
- Ernst & Young
- Vancouver, BC
- Lawyer - In House Counsel, Lawyer - Other
- Area of Practice
- Immigration Law
- Job Type
- Full time
- Minimum Level of Education
- Professional degree - LL.B
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Work with a team
- Manage client deliverables and expectations, and demonstrate an ability to effectively handle multiple engagements
- Experience with a case management system(s)
- Be an active member of our US immigration practice in implementing best practices
To qualify for the role you must have
- Licence to practice with any U.S. state bar. Candidates who are not currently admitted to a U.S. State bar, but are in the process of pursuing admission, may also be considered
- An interest in U.S. business immigration law
- Excellent managerial, organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong legal research skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic team-oriented environment
- Sound professional judgement and high level of professionalism
What we look for
We’re interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. If you have the confidence to speak up and influence a team that affects big businesses worldwide, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.